Will Bro. Rogers be DF'd posthumously for drug addiction?

by ShirleyW 26 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Some have been DF'd for suspicion of smoking cigarettes, yet Bro. Rogers death is because of an addiction, fentanyl is what they are saying is the drug that did him in which was reported on the news as being more potent than heroine.

Why is it that some nosy sister can report you because someone who looked like you was in the parking lot the same time as she was, yet Bro. Rogers had an addiction for Jehovah only knows how long. Oh, that's right, Bro. Rogers employment made it easy for him to write a larger check than those caught in a parking lot enjoying a cig.

Just my exjw rant of the day.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

It's a good thing that Brother Prince Rogers Nelson had his funeral in the KH before his autopsy.

Now they've got plausible deniability.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Those 2 faced SOBs. My Grandfather was denied a KH funeral because he had been DFed some years previous for smoking cigarettes. We also literally had to beg the elder to give the service. Interestingly at the time my Grandfather converted to the religion smoking wasn't the issue that it latter become.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

They had that 'memorial' at the KH rapidly........and I would be it was by design!!!! They knew this may be coming and they wanted it all out of the way so as to claim 'oopsy'............you can bet the Bethel elders were contacted on this situation.

Such a bunch of scuzzbags.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Yay another wacky theory crafting Prince thread.

daring heart: his service at the KH was almost a month after his death. Not even remotely rapidly. but let's not let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I 've never heard of anyone ever being disfellowshipped posthumously...Prince is dead and his sins are forgiven...if that's what you believe as a JW.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Seriously, what do you expect they would do at this point? He overdosed on painkillers, it happens. Yes, they probably are giving him a pass because of his celebrity, but it's hard to disfellowship a dead person anyway, so who knows what would have happened if he had been a regular person? Do you honestly expect the Watchtower to bring more attention to his tragic death by saying anything at this point?

Whatever his demons were it's obvious the religion didn't help him any. Maybe he had been struggling with this and was afraid to say anything knowing how judgemental the elders would be. To me he is just another victim of the Watchtower.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Posthumous DFing would be a new low for them. (I assume the OP was not really seriously thinking that.)

I'll bet they view prescription drug abuse as a lesser sin than risking a blood transfusion.

Gawd, what a waste of a life by a religion that values a symbol of life over life itself.

• steve2
    steve2

I seem to recall that the organization recognized a difference between "treatment-onset" addiction and recreational-onset addiction. In the former, treatment for medical conditions leads to addiction, while in the latter, addiction results from illegally accessing illicit drugs for recreational use.

Any of Prince's critics care to comment on this distinction?

• Maryo
    Maryo

Perhaps the WTS will re-assess its policies around prescription drug use after this. I think it remains to be seen whether the fentanyl was prescribed for Prince or whether he obtained it in some other manner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit