Latest jw broadcast referring to allegations of protecting pedophiles

by jonahstourguide 31 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Hi folks.

I put this in abuse as i thought it relevant.

A physically in mentally out friend that considers our friendship greater than religion told me that on the latest broadcast steven lett alluded to satans voice being behind people that claim the organisation protects pedophiles.

My friend then went on to say they must be in damage control.

He added, but that is correct, they are hiding their internal records. Is not that construed as protecting the accused?

If i get the inclination I may post a snippet of what was actually said.

Sadly my friend is trying to protect his family relationships and so goes along with the charade.

His situation weighs on me but, as many of you here know, it can be a difficult road to travel.

jtg

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

There is also this new Jade and Nita video

to use Jades words “not to look at anything negative about my beliefs”

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

It’s not like it used to be when I was growing up

they used to just say don’t take any literature from apostates which you hardly ever had the opportunity to do anyway

now the internet changes everything, you can look at both sides of any subject and make your own mind up

My favourite video the Borg ever made was whiteboard video about smoking, the best line ever was “no thanks I’ve checked out the risks and it’s not for me”

well this applies to any organisation that pushes being fully vaccinated so hard and act like salesmen for big pharma

• Smiles
    Smiles

Sep 2022 WT Broadcast by M. Stephen Lett is probably, among other psychological bullying, an attempt at damage control ahead of greater exposé on WT lead attorney Philip Brumley being publicly penalized on August 23, 2022, by a district court judge in Montana USA for "at mimimum, reckless disregard for providing an accurate and truthful accounting"... of WT manipulation of congregation CSA matters during 1970-1989.

Lett said if you listen to such negative counterfeit words 'you will not just lose your money, you will lose your LIFE'

Lett then makes weird facial expressions to convince you his threat is sincere.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I don`t know how anyone in the JW religion can take Stephen Lett seriously ? Like everything the organization does, is they twist things around to confuse the issue.

On the one hand, while they don`t actively outright protect pedophiles ,they deny they exist and refuse to do anything about the sexual abuse against children that goes on in the organization by the perpetrators ,they, in fact by their denial are protecting pedophiles .

• Smiles
    Smiles

As M. Stephen Lett uses the September 2022 broadcast to warn millions of JWs about the deadly lure of material possessions, remember Lett was right then gesturing with that fat gold ring on his right pinky finger...

and how Lett bros co-own a large waterfront house in Alabama USA... that is, unless they have since sold the property holdings and are now rolling around naked on a pile of cash in contempt of the GB "vow of poverty & obedience"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    jtg - steven lett alluded to satans voice being behind people that claim the organisation protects pedophiles

Satan = Fiction, a lie. Steven Lett = Using fiction and lies so he can continue to protect paedophiles.

Mikey - “not to look at anything negative about my beliefs”

Information control. Obviously the balloon would burst the moment a Jobot looks behind the curtain.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

There’s clips of the broadcast all over the ex-JW Reddit.

Wow, ol’ M. Stephen sounds pi$$ed.

There’s an unmistakable sense of desperation in the shrillness of the message.

And there is also the “Streisand effect”. Loyal JWs are never going to listen to “apostates” anyway, so it’s pointless to hysterically shout warnings about doing so to them. But for the hundreds of thousands of JWs less inclined to be so mindlessly servile, and who perhaps have never been exposed to “pedophilia protection” reports, this may very well prompt at least some to think “why is he so hepped up? What are people really saying?”

Clearly these reports of covering up for child molesters are having an effect on the JW population, and the GB know it is having an effect.

I also found it striking how another “apostate lie” is that the GB are “exploiting” JWs. That of course is a frequent topic on this site and elsewhere, particularly related to the trend of the past few decades of dismissing middle aged Bethelites when their risk of incurring large medical bills outweighs their usefulness to the organization. This lends credence to the idea that I’ve long had, that the GB are paying some outside consultant to read these forums to figure out what oeople are saying.

in which case:

Hey Mr. (or Ms.) GB-hired consultant! Can you pass on a message? Tell Splane he’s still smarmy and knows next to nothing about music, and tell Lett his shrillness is not becoming a minister of Christ. Oh, and pass on to Morris, I recommend the McCallan 1949, cask 136. It might take some effort to find but it’s worth it.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Had a look at this. We are ,apparently. the innocent dupes of the great ventriloquist Satan who is putting words in our mouth as he did the serpent in Eden. If we have loved ones still in, they can view us as well meaning, but they should reject out of hand what we say.

Lett said the media is biased and slants the stories against them . It is corrupt and only interested in profit. I gather that includes the most respected news sources.

This really smacks of fear.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The WT goes through at at least 3 stages in damage control of issues:

1. Ignore the problem and hope people quit talking about it

2. Make guarded and cryptic statements in the literature (now including video) which address the questions indirectly. Only if you know the issue do you understand why they are wording the WT that way.

3. Address the accusations directly without going into much details, to dissuade the JWs from looking into it themselves. They are at this stage with the pedophile issue.

I would add a 4th, in which they write detailed articles addressing the accusations or points one-by-one, but the WT very seldom/ almost never does this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit