Court documents reveal Watchtower's tactics in Montana child abuse case

by LevelThePlayingField 33 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    stillMS: stillMS - "I don't think the pedophile are THAT wide-spread."

It would be reasonable to think that the ratio of pedos inside the congregations is similar to the general population.

However, there are a couple things that skew the numbers.

Firstly, the org actively recruits converts inside the prison system. They have converted pedos who are released at times into the elders care and supervision (murderers and other felons too).

Secondly, the JWs are exactly the kind of organization that predators are attracted to. Several characteristics make the socially isolated JW congregations an ideal hunting ground for those who seek the secrecy that the org provides for them and they have a naive group of victims just waiting for him/her to groom.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Just a casual look at Silent Lambs’ website makes it very clear how “wide-spread” CSA among JWs is.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Now the media reports make things look worse than if they had simply report the matter to the authorities, no matter if that was the law of the land or not.

I do wonder if part of it is the idea that they cannot be seen to respond by change from the outside. That things must come from the top-down.

Another thing is that even if a majority of the Governing Body were in favor of changing this, a minority can keep things as they are because they require a two thirds super majority (6 out of 8). It would take 3 people and the rest would be obligated to support the decision. I'm not sure what the majority consensus is, but I wonder if their hands are tied.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Londo111 - "...I wonder if their hands are tied."

The way I see it, they've tied their own hands.

On purpose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit