Watchtower vs Islam: Why the deafening silence?

by raymond frantz 53 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Earnest
    Earnest

There is a Bethel in Senegal which also oversees the work in The Gambia and Mali. The first Kingdom Hall in Mali was dedicated in Sikasso, Mali in December, 1994 (Awake!). Since then Mali has become more volatile and in May this year an Italian family from the Sikasso region was kidnapped. (Reuters).

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Not sure if this has been mentioned but this announcement in 1983

The Society has produced three new booklets in English for the special purpose of helping people of certain religious backgrounds. The booklet TheTime for True Submission to God (sm) is designed to help Muslims tounderstand the truth. ”

Incidentally , Britain has a certain Muslim population. In my time as a Witness we always enjoyed witnessing to them. They were respectful and listened. Never found any interest in our message though.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz
    BluesBrother , same here, based in the UK too, I found witnessing to Muslims counterproductive, they seem to be all over the place and avoid critical thinking, like jws they are brainwashed by a more ancient cult
  • careful
    careful

BB:

They were respectful and listened. Never found any interest in our message though.

and RF:

they seem to be all over the place and avoid critical thinking, like jws they are brainwashed by a more ancient cult

Spot on! I had many dealings with young Muslim men in the 1980s-2000s and found they do not really grasp any sort of theology. It was a foreign concept to them. Although Islam has a theology, it is out of the reach of their R&F. On the normal grassroots level their religion is exclusively ritual. You have to find an Islamic scholar to dialogue about theology, and that's quite rare.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit