2022--December--S-147--Announcements And Reminders!

by Atlantis 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Bartolomeo
    Bartolomeo

Hello Atlantis and thanks for your work.

About the S-147 is it possible to have a clean copy without highlighting please?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Maybe they should have coronaviruses taking the whole religion, from the top on down. At least they will not be asking children to give up their fun and throw away their ice cream money, or forcing people that don't want to go back to pushing that enslavement book back into field circus. Nor will it want to force everyone to get those cancer shots against this wimpiest of all diseases.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Bartolomeo:

I'll see if we can find you a clean copy without all that highlighting.

Grandpa!

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Thank You Atlantis :)

• Mum
    Mum

Better to have a male high schooler as an "elder" than a woman with a lifetime of experience. The main qualification to be an elder in in the south-of-the-waistline anatomy.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Paragraph 1 says: "Teens or even "younger" for responsibilities in the congregation.

If that doesn`t spell out desperation in the organizatiion I don`t know what will .

They obviuosly don`t have anywhere near enough mature males to fill these roles.

Next thing you know they will be appealing for sisters with head coverings to fill these vacant rolls as no qualified brothers are available.

Watch this space .

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I have seen snot nosed pre pubescent used. Also women despite their having smaller brains (per some GB clowns).

I am unspiritual but am charitable. I can and have given good talks; quit when the convoluted new light became too much.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The main qualification to be an elder in in the south-of-the-waistline anatomy.

I wonder if that would apply to a surgically altered female who was identifying as a male? Would WT throw away (Deuteronomy 22:5) 5 “No garb of an able-bodied man should be put upon a woman, neither should an able-bodied man wear the mantle of a woman; for anybody doing these things is something detestable to Jehovah your God.

• blondie
    blondie

I can remember when us women met for the congregation midweek field service at the KH, the only male there was a newly baptized boy, 13 years old, and he had to conduct the meeting. Now that was uncomfortable for his mother too, and only he could offer prayer.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

@blondie, you’re quite right. I was baptized at 11 in 1978 and I was looked to for everything if an MS or elder was not around. I was in an inner city congregation in NYC so that kept me quite busy. I was after all the “brother” in the room.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit