ESPN reassigns commentator Robert Lee over 'name coincidence'

by freemindfade 19 Replies latest social current

• Hecce
    Hecce

I think ESPN is going bonkers with this. If this gentleman was a Southerner, named after the General they might have a point; but this broadcaster is oriental and the name Lee is very common among Chinese, Korean and other people from that part of the world.

Imagine what is going to happen with all the Washingtons, Lincolns and so no that we have in our part of the world.

Not to smart to be fighting wars of 200 years ago and ignoring the ones that we have today.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Yeah this action on the part of ESPN sounds a bit silly. I doubt however they are going to ruin his career. It seems like an unnecessary reaction, but it won't impact him. They will put him on another game.

The argument here really is nonexistant. Nobody is "erasing history". Robert Lee will remain in history books, be studied by military strategists, and this very statue will be placed in a museum. He is simply being removed from a place of honor, since he fought against the united states, to enslave people who now reside freely in this country as citizens.

Is it a slippery slope? I don't know. I think a tiny bit of common sense exists believe it or not. A few people pulling down statues is really a minority of people who are even opposed to their being there. Some people need a light push to vandalize. I am not defending that. But the town leaders voted, and Lee goes into a museum. I don't see the issue honestly. If we were destroying it, burning the history books, or anything of the like, I would certainly be against it.

• JeffT
    JeffT

The Asian Student Association (or whatever they have there) should take over the football stadium in protest.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Oo boy, all the Kermit Kenneth Kramer's better watch out.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Siiigh!!!!

• Simon
    Simon
    ESPN is reacting to crazies, who in principle may be right.

No, there is no principle that they might be right to. Period. The man is entitled to 1) use his name and 2) not have his employment affected because some idiots can't think.

ESPN needs to protect its employees and its name from idiots who can't make distinctions.

They are encouraging and making things worse. Every time people pander to the idiots, they demand more and more and ever ridiculous and crazy changes. What is being changed *now* is because of previous idiotic decisions and pandering.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Its difficult for me to believe someone is actually rationalizing espns decision.... has it been made clear that the robert lee in questions is asian??? As in his name is in no way connected with the confederate lee, its akin to bruce lee. Not that being named after robert e lee is in anyway disqualifying from covering a football game for god sake. This is unacceptable on every level and blantantly stupid. I hope espn gets hoisted from their own pitard for this.... violent antifa lefty’s dont watch football. Espn is playing to wrong crowd on this

• hothabanero
    hothabanero
    violent antifa lefty’s dont watch football.

Liberals LOVE to ruin things they don't care about themselves in the name of equality. It allows them the purest form of virtue signalling when they virtue signal about something they don't care about in the first place.

It happened to scifi, comics, computer games, etc. etc.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I think we've already left the borders of questonable decision land and headed for looneytown central.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

One of these men surrendered to general grant at Appomattox court house. One is a football announcer. You decide.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit