Didn't get the Watchtower today at all

by Pioneerbot 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pioneerbot
    Pioneerbot
    You're right @divergent I focused on the first tree that presented itself & missed the forest.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Well its the old story of if it sounds like an apostate and acts like an apostate then it probably is an apostate.
  • fastJehu
    fastJehu
    Pioneerbot
    ... because everytime I ask a question now my husband says I have a negative attitude and I sound like an apostate. Hmmm wonder why...

Wonder why? The answer is easy: Like all other JWs - your husband has no answers to your legitimate questions/arguments. And so he attacks (like all other JWs - including my parents) the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, rather than attacking the argument directly. It's called "argumentum ad hominem".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Pioneerbot
    ... I asked my husband that and he said of course he's our Father because he made us...

WHO is "us"? The hole mankind - or only the JWs? The WT-article clearly means only the JWs. But the first subheadline "Jehovah is our loving provider" shows clearly, that all arguments fits for the hole mankind.

§ 16 states:

Yet, none of our brothers and sisters lost their life in that case, even though many of them lost all their belongings and their livelihood. When asked how they were faring, everyone, with a broad smile, answered: “All is well, thanks to Jehovah!” They felt God’s love for them.

The WT says NOT, Jehovas in his love protected them. They ONLY FELT God's love for them. But this feeling have the members of other religions also.

All my JW life I learned, today Jehovah is not intervening. And then for example Anthony Morris speaks about Jehovahs intervening - Jehovah protected chickens from disease (from a brother, who went to a convention) and the audience gives him applause. At the end he says: "we're not saying what Jehovah did or did not do." Yes, he is telling what Jehovah did - by just telling the story. No wonder there was hesitation before the applause. Like your husband - they smelled - there is something wrong (it was cognitive dissonance). But a brave JW has no questions - if the GB is talking (or writing a WT).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjF8-L1etTg

Pioneerbot
    I'm slow with this stuff. Must be because my brain is 10% smaller.
    Definitely not. Every thinking person is slow with this stuff.

Must be - because this stuff makes no sense.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You are "technically" one of Jeehoober's kids, but not really. Unlike TOMO, you don't quite merit that title...yet. It's like you are so damaged that you can't possibly have any relationship with Jeehobo, not without your mediator, The Governing Body of the WTBTS INC.

You see, the New Testament primarily applies to the anointed, like TOMO and the rest of the GB. They are sons of God, despite signing Bibles, revising their books, and keeping a Pedo-database. You, however, are like a street urchin, begging to associate with TOMO, so he can enlighten you about the evils of Yoga pants. If you obey TOMO, he may put in a good word for you with his big brother.

Don't worry, it will happen soon! It will just take the rest of your life in this system, ( how long is that??? ) plus 1,000 years. If you play your cards right, you could possibly earn the chance of the prospect of being saved during the GT, and then slave for another 1,000 years to earn the chance of passing one more test. If you pass, and never have a dirty thought for all eternity, you're good!

STFU, and be blessed! ( Don't forget to contribute $$$!! )

DD

• stillin
    stillin

It's all a construct, anyway. Put it together and see if it flies.

I keep going back to a truly astute quote That I picked up here: I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.

welcome to the conscious class!

• Naoscillator
    Naoscillator

There's an excellent article about this lesson at the Beorean Pickets site aka Meletivivlon.com. He deconstructs the WT contradictions pretty well, and gave me some points to bring up with my pioneer wife who already had her own objections to the obvious doublespeak.

• rebel8
    rebel8

berry is right--you have an awesome opportunity to compose and send the letter together.

Take your time and be sure he totally agrees with what's in the letter. You don't want him going all Jezebel on you once the backlash comes.

• cofty
    cofty

Here is something I wrote about this when I was still a christian....

The Bible uses the analogy of adoption to illustrate the relationship with God that Jesus’ death makes possible. It is one of the first things that John tells us in his gospel. “As many as did receive him, to them he gave authority to become God’s children, because they were exercising faith (“believing”; Interlinear) in his name, and they were born, not from blood, or from a fleshly will or from man’s will, but from God.” (Jhn.1:12,13)

When God accepts us and declares us righteous, He does so in full knowledge of all our weaknesses and limitations. Unlike human friendship God’s love is never fickle or capricious, it is loyal and unchanging. Although sadly it is not always so, the best human illustration of this kind of unconditional acceptance is the relationship between a parent and child. A good parent will never disown their offspring. Their love, forgiveness, comfort and protection is not dependant on how well the child performs, it is inherent in the nature of the relationship. Even when a child goes seriously astray like the prodigal son of Jesus’ parable, the good father remains ready to joyfully welcome him home and restore him without reservation.

This is the way that God loves and accepts those who put faith in his Son. Without Jesus we are, at best like slaves, always trying desperately to be good enough to merit the master’s approval. Always uncertain, even on a good day, if tomorrow’s mistake will result in our rejection. But a son, on the other hand, is assured of his father’s love. He works because he in turn loves his father, and wants to please him. It is this difference that Paul describes at Romans 8:15, “You did not receive a spirit of slavery causing fear again, but you received a spirit of adoption as sons by which spirit we cry out Abba, Father.”

There are, by the Bible’s reckoning, only two sorts of people. Everybody begins as the same sort; children of Adam or, “in Adam”. In this state they are, under “condemnation” (Rom.5:18), “alienated” from, and “enemies” of God (Col.1:21), “children of wrath” (Eph. 2:3), under the “authority of darkness” (Col.1:13), walking in “accord with the flesh” (Rom.8:4), “slaves of sin” (Rom.6:17), and “dead in their trespasses” (Eph.2:1&5).

This is not the Bible’s description of an especially depraved person but of the normal human condition from God’s perspective. It matters not at all that we may not feel guilty or under condemnation, God’s inspired word says emphatically that we are.

The other sort of person is, “in Christ”. These are, “declared righteous” (Rom.5:1), “reconciled to God” (Rom.5:10), “born of God” (1 Jhn.5:1) or “born again” (Jhn.3:3), “beloved children” of God (Eph.5:1), “transferred into the kingdom of the Son of God’s love” (Col.1:13), indwelled by “God’s Spirit” (Rom.8:9), part of a “new creation” (2 Cor.5:17), and “alive together with the Christ” (Eph.2:5).

The difference between these two groups is not that the latter are more worthy, or that they try harder to be good, nor that they naturally have more interest in spiritual matters or an ability to read and understand the Bible. It is simply that they have put faith in God’s provision for their salvation. They have humbly abandoned their attempts to earn His favour and trusted in Jesus as their Saviour. For someone to feel that these blessings could not apply to them because they are not worthy is for that person to miss the point of the good news. Nobody is good enough, that is exactly the point at which the gospel begins.

We cannot pick and choose which of the above descriptions of those who belong to God apply to us, and which ones do not. We cannot for example be reconciled to God, but not be a “new creation”. (see 2 Cor.5:16-19) We cannot be “beloved children” of God, but not be “born of God”. We cannot draw a line between calling God “Father”, and calling him, “Abba, Father”. If we have not been adopted then we are not His children, He is not our Father, and we have no right to call Him such at all. If we are His children then we are also joint heirs with Christ. If we are “in harmony with the Spirit” then “God’s Spirit truly dwells” in us, but if we do not have the Holy Spirit then we do “not belong to” Christ. (See Rom.8:9-17) Only if we are “led by the Spirit” can we produce the “fruitage of the Spirit”. But again, if we are, then we can cry out “Abba Father” and we are adopted as sons of God and joint heirs with Christ. (See Gal.4:6,7;5:16-24)

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    I'm still confused in the Cong Bookstudy that stated that Jah could have saved all the animals but he allowed mankind to save only two of them on the ark. The animals fit for a sacrifice were seven. But they had a death sentence on them.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

PB: everytime I ask a question now my husband says I have a negative attitude and I sound like an apostate

Yep, asking questions is the first sign of apostasy.

Now be a good little Jdubba-you drone and sit down and shut up.

Listen, obey and be blessed: It's a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit