"It's the demons..."

by pale.emperor 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

One thing that really frustrates me inside is how quite a few JW's (especially my family) actually believe that demons like to inhabit second hand vases, or clothes etc. My sister and mother are so bad with this that they wont even talk about it - because even talking about it "brings demons into your home". So any attempt to show them that it's unscriptural is shut off with, sometimes them literally going "lalalalalalala im not listening".

I used to believe it myself (why wouldn't i?, i was TOLD by my mother and father it was FACT).

What I'd like to point out to anyone that would let me debunk it is this:

If you were a demon with all that power, would you use that power to live in second hand objects?

Where in the bible does it mention anything like that?

Where did you get that belief from?

If it didn't come from the bible (God), then where did it come from? Man?

It's also worth pointing out that I've heard loads of experiences where people say they've seen/heard/felt things which the instantly put down as demonic. But since looking into things all of those things have been explained medically, scientifically or psychologically. Also, im finding people who claim to have had an experience are re-telling stories i've heard from others. It's always their mothers-sister-friend, or a friend in another congregation.

Anyone know where this belief came from?

I'd like to point out that despite what some people say, it's not actually an official JW belief. Which is what annoys me. Because JW's should be of the same mind.

P.S. - Just think of all those eBay bargains they're missing out on. Second hand trainers, antiques, books etc.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

I think thats a belief specific to individuals, and how they see it. My mom, will not knowingly accept items from someone if shes aware that they are into the occult, or demonic sort of stuff. for example, if perhaps one of my relatives was a admitted witch, and wanted to give her some clothing, she wont take it, lol.

because she doesn't want to bring demons 'in' her home, lol

Yet shes fine with shopping for used stuff, and buying off the web, we did it most of our lives, she rarely buys anything new, she cant afford to.

but my mom blames satan for everything bad, and gives god credit for everything good, yet she says satan 'blesses his own' to explain people who have wealth good jobs and nice homes, lol [ cant be because they are a success in themselves,lol] yea so springs pop out of my head a lot when I talk to her, lol

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

It's all part of the idea that its Fun to believe in things like that, just like people want to believe in UFOs and Bigfoot.

Not because their is even a shred of evidence, but because if fills other needs.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

On the other hand, the dubs in my family( of many decades service) just love charity shop bargains. They turn charity shop shopping into an art form, they know every store in town & which one is best for certain things....

They are all different

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    I always keep my wind chimes up to scare away any demons hanging around. Solved that problem...
  • SpiritualGal08
    SpiritualGal08
    I think as a whole the organization was obsessed with demons in the 60's and 70's, and then it seems the obsession dropped off a bit in the 80's and 90's. I think it had something to do with the hard core JW'S like Fred Franz on the writing staff. There's also historical references to early use of necromancy and channelling by the old timers in the organization--not listed in the official history, of course. I've often wondered why the Organization always says to say the name Jehovah to ward off evil spirits but never encourages the use of the name Jesus to do this...makes me wonder whose side they are on...
  • megaboy
    megaboy

Misunderstanding of demons and the Bible itself. The scriptures and the prophets are what would be considered divinely inspired. The creation of the Bible was not inspired.

The KJV version for example was suppose to also include a new piece from Ethopia, I can not remember the title, it was something about rulership or kingly rulership.

The reason the Bible was claimed to be inspired is because during the time of the reformation in Europe, they were claiming divine inspiration to justify anarchy. The Catholic Church had become corrupt, yes, but they were using that as an excuse to usurp the previous rulers. The Catholic Church that spawned after the reformation was actually much worse than what was before it.

You can read a great deal about it in various history books. Oliver Cromwell was actually very daibolical, he used Martin Luther as sort of a mascot religious figure puppet to bring people into the Protestant mindset (protester of the Catholic system of rulership). He seemed to have only used religion as a politician would, he used it because that was the easiest way to rally people, by "speaking their language" as he put it. This is most likely why many western "Christians" have a history that belives America to have some divine backing behind it, they were basically duped by politician tactics from the late middle ages.

Martin Luther was also deemed somewhat of a hero by the Reformist and an enemy by the Catholic Church, today both sides exaggerate his actions, as based on his writings he didn't seem very impressive of a theologian, he could recite psalms, or so he claimed to, but he lacked spiritual understanding and struggled with the concept of faith and works, constantly jumping back and forth becoming confused with Paul's and Jame's writings. I wouldn't follow the man if I was blind.

While there is nothing in the bound scriptures that implies Demons can live in inannimate objects, you can assume they can, if you take into account them being able to enter animals like pigs.

Demons also don't seem to be THAT powerful as people seemed to have mention. Based on what I've studied I'm lead to believe that TV and shows portray their behavior in a hyperbolic fashion.

When considering the first century belivers had access to Enoch, it seems to imply that demons are actually the spirit of dead Giants, and that due to the fact that they were an unatural creation between the messengers and men, they had no holding place created for them, so they were bound to earth. In hebrew scriptures the center of the Earth holds the spirits of man, one side called the Bossom of Abraham, the other side holds the spirits that will revieve judgement in the lake of fire. Witnesses of course claim that the lake of fire is immediate destruction, but as far as I know there is nothing in this realm, that "ceases to exist" but everything changes its form. Even a dead human's body and flesh still turn to dust and return to the earth.

In any case, the spirits of giants were suppose to linger in the earthly plane until their set judgement. Which is why when the Mashiyak was confronting legion they said it was not time for their judgement and instead of "tormenting" them he sent them into some swine.

• TTATT_Paladin
    TTATT_Paladin

I have been studying and practicing the occult for about ten years.

I am not going to argue back and forth with people on this; I will simply state my policies: I do accept anything occult from another person that I don't know, I don't buy any used occult items whatsoever, and if I am buying some mundane item secondhand, if I see ANY occult symbolism on it, I will not buy it.

So far, so good.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    i don't think the view is limited to JW
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

One thing that really frustrates me inside is how quite a few JW's (especially my family) actually believe that demons like to inhabit second hand vases, or clothes etc.

Don`t forget Garden Rakes..

Demons love second hand Garden Rakes..

This man bought a bunch of second hand Demonized Garden Rakes.

When he tried to load them in the trailer..

.The Second Hand Demonized Garden Rakes..

........................ATTACKED HIM!..

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1161721/sideshow-bob-o.gif

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit