1914.... current significance?

by NeverKnew 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Carol1111
    Carol1111

The last time I mentioned 1914 to a JW (in relation to 607) they asked what happened in 1934? Actually something significant did happen in 1934. Hitler came to power and was the main reason the state of Israel came to be in existence. The surviving Jews wanted somewhere to feel safe.

I believe that the Isaiah 43 references apply to the Jews not JW's

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice
    Keep the old date and your religion is basically like an expiration date on your milk. It's probably good for a little longer, but it's going to go bad soon.

The expiration date of 1914 may be longer than you think. The wt's last hope may be:

1914 > Noah's 120 years > 2034

It will give them another 18 years and it fits the doctrine of the overlapping-generation.

I don't believe that, for the coming years, many will buy their incoherent crap any longer as many eyes will be opened (for instance, think of what the ARC will trigger even more). Let alone for another 18 years!!! But as Hitler's bunker (!) shows, there will always be loyalists (!) who believe they will betray Jah himself if they ever leave his imperfect, yet approved and only earthly organization.

We will see what happens...but if they already didn't want to change 1914 into 1957 because the majority of the GB didn't want to lose face and authority (that change to 1957 was proposed by Schroeder, Klein, and Suiter in 1980 - see CoC), then why should they give it up now while Stephen Lett makes bold statements like these?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ6405yjZfo

• jws
    jws

Carol1111 wrote:

The last time I mentioned 1914 to a JW (in relation to 607) they asked what happened in 1934? Actually something significant did happen in 1934. Hitler came to power and was the main reason the state of Israel came to be in existence. The surviving Jews wanted somewhere to feel safe.
    I believe that the Isaiah 43 references apply to the Jews not JW's
    Well, Hitler was already on the rise to power. He became chancellor of Germany at the start of 1933. Kind of a VP. Who then ascended a step to president after the death of Hindenburg in 1934.

I guess you could say that was Satan being cast down to earth and stirring up trouble. But, Hitler was already racist against Jews before that and already spread a lot of trouble and hatred. This was only a step as part of an arc that was already in motion. I wouldn't assume 1934 was the start of it.
  • steve2
    steve2

Even Lett looks down awkwardly to his notes after smilingly and wide-eyedly over-praising the evidence in "support" of 1914 as being greater than that for "electricity" and "gravity". There's no moving away from that date now - not unless there's a sea-change within the organization .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit