1914.... current significance?

by NeverKnew 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I need help.

It seems that when I ask witnesses questions about 1914, they really don't understand the relevance to their message today. I am told that they preach about the coming kingdom and that they don't preach a message of 1914. If a person doesn't understand 1914 then I can clearly see how showing them the inaccuracies of the doctrine wouldn't matter. Can we compile a list of ties 1914 has to their current beliefs?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

1914 -- CJ returns invisibly to establish Kingdom in the heavens based on the incorrect date of Jerusalem's destruction (607BC) and their ludicrous calculations of 7 Times and the a-day-for-a-year theory which means 1914 is the Second Coming. (Of course that date has changes several times based on their same chronology.)

Most JWs are too stupid to understand it or explain it. Those who can actually explain it, are too delusional (as I was) to realize it for the absolute JOKE that it is.

Doc

• richgirl
    richgirl

According to the recently studied article "Go and Make Disciples of People of All Nations" in the May 2016 WT, "They (JWs) are the only ones who preach that Jesus has been ruling as King since 1914. " So 1914 is an integral part of their kingdom message. These JWs that deny the relevance of 1914 don't understand their own message. It's an essential teaching that further diferrentiates them from the other sects of Christendom.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

That 2014 has passed which many witnesses thought would be 'very special ', and that years convention was probably going to be ''the last one", there is no reason to mention 1914 anymore, actually it has become an embarrassment!

Some die hards will probably keep bringing it up for a while, but it will surely fade away quietly until most witnesses don't even know it was supposed to mean something.

I think the whole overlapping generation thing will dissipate as well.

The problem for the witnesses is that their religion is founded on superficial things like rules and dates, and there isn't enough "there" there, which will lead to their demise, IMO.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie

I still look at this at times, and wonder, i mean i didn't understand it 20 years ago, breaking it down seems t make t a little better, as i leaned the date was wrong by reading the article about it on jwfacts.

Now they have brought out a new video on jw broadcasting explainable it again

Here is the link to it, scroll down a little to watch the video

CLICK HERE

• steve2
    steve2

I do not think your aversge JW comprehends - or cares to comprehend - the significance of the more recent changes to the 1914 doctrine.

Unlike diehard Witnesses of yesteryear, modern-day Witnesses cannot articulate the claimed Biblical basis of the doctrine and are completely unable to Scripturally defend the "overlapping generation" add-on to the doctrine.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Discussing doctrine with a JW seldom works.

You have to find another way.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie

I think that is the case perfectly explained, and when you ask they will say something like, well we have faith that the GB know what is going on, i tried to read Danial again the other night, might try it again after a bottle of rum lol

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

The VAST majority of JW's can't tell you a damn thing about what they believe or would die for. Seriously, you're wasting your time to discuss 1914 ......those still in have NO clue what it was about. They just keep showing up on Sunday's because everyone else does.......

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The simple known and accepted fact is that Christ's supposed return was created as attracting appealing doctrine to place on the front cover of magazines and books to help them sell.

Most JWS don't know about 1914 because the GB have been subjectively quiet about it as of late and they certainly don't know about the WTS creating 1874 as a previously used derived date.

I'm still amazed after all these years how the WTS has pulled the wool over people's eyes about these dates as well others and what were their originally concocted intent and purpose.

Good bullshit by devote self serving charlatans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit