Very Sad ... Another Terrorist Attack here in the USA ... and not enough guns to defend us

by RubaDub 18 Replies latest social current

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

And there's an urgent need for more guns in mental hospitals, prisons and airports to defend against government oppression of the people in those locations, including Congress' specific abrogation of inmates' and passengers' right to bear arms.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Guardian

Gun TV: home shopping channel aims to sell weapons to viewers

A new home shopping channel will launch in the US early in 2016. It will be called, simply, Gun TV.

People look at handguns as thousands of customers and hundreds of dealers sell, show, and buy guns and other items during The Nation’s Gun Show at the Dulles Expo Center which is the first major gun show in the area since the Oregon shooting in Chantilly, VA on Saturday, October 03, 2015. (Photo by Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post via Getty Images)

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

So you want to stop a terrorist with a suicide vest.... LOL

It's hard to beat that idea.

Good luck....

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Didn't this terrorist couple get their weapons and ammunition LEGALLY...?

Now think about that.

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Great New York Times editorial here, that I expect would apply to bomb vests too. And, to be clear, my earlier post was satirical, if that could be missed.

It is not necessary to debate the peculiar wording of the Second Amendment. No right is unlimited and immune from reasonable regulation.

Certain kinds of weapons, like the slightly modified combat rifles used in California, and certain kinds of ammunition, must be outlawed for civilian ownership. It is possible to define those guns in a clear and effective way and, yes, it would require Americans who own those kinds of weapons to give them up for the good of their fellow citizens.

• stillin
    stillin

These shooters don't care what the laws are.

if evil people have guns, I want one too.

i would rather have one and not need it than need one and not have it.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I would rather be standing next to the guy that was armed.

Yep.

As long as he is well trained in its use.

A good friend was approached in a parking lot by an angry driver (kind of a road rage incident). When it was seen that his .45 pistol was laying in his lap, the asshole developed a whole different attitude. That's a good thing because just one aggressive move would have cost him his life. But he figured that out very quickly. That friend is an older guy on oxygen and in a wheelchair. He probably made some poor maneuver driving, but no one was hurt. He was an easy target for some pissed off asshole if he hadn't been prepared to defend himself.

Doc

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Great sense of humour, RubaDub - I like your OP.

or was wearing a suicide vest to take the perpetrators out - this, for me, is the funniest bit!

Considering the most nationalistic and xenophobic country on this planet is the USofA - aren't we forgetting North Korea?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Considering the most nationalistic and xenophobic country on this planet is the USofA, that's a bit ironic, if it's true.

So what is your point Talesin? Because you feel because there are some people in America afraid of outsiders that gives you the right to act that way towards the whole country? Seems hypocritical. How do you quantify that America is the most nationalistic xenophobic country? Because of media portrayal of the right wing and deep south patriots?

And my whole point is someone like Neil degass Tyson posted facts and figures for gun violence on his twitter to get his point across. He didn't make a mockery of an act of terrorism like this post does. I find the Op very insensitive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit