Phone witnessing and the Year Book

by Diogenesister 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Biahi said -

The USPS has a program called “every door direct mail”. Or EDDM. Many businesses and some churches use this to get their message out. Pizza places, nail shops, and churches who are offering special services, for example, Easter services. If the KH used this, they could cover every door in town in no time at all. That is, if their message is really “important “ and “life saving”.

That really nails it, all of the recorded preaching hours and letter writing is only a smoke screen to give a shifty business some veneer of a charity.

RB

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    It’s is easy to do time these days. Copy, address, stamp. Mail repeat. Easy hours no walking, no knocking, no talking.

It’s perfect for people who are a little anxious, shy or nervous about talking to strangers at the door. I think though, they won’t get much of a response. people are Leary of unsolicited mail and may worry it’s not safe to reply even if they were interested.

On the other hand they have a lot more time on their hands. There’s also sadly more folks who are suffering from job loss, fears about health or bereavement, too, so who knows? The numbers for next year will be interesting.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    JW Yearbooks were discontinued after 2016. It will be interesting, though, to see whether the numbers bounce back from the 2020 reports influenced by COVID-19.
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

Yearbooks discontinued after 2016 ? that`s interesting .

Pardon my ignorance but what is USPS ?

I received a JW letter the other week replied to it and haven`t heard anything back since ,so much for life saving work with their witnessing.

Everything related to the old Jehovah`s Witnessing is in decline ,from their publications to their witnessing ,to their increases from baptisms of worldly people ,and now to their exposure to child sexual abuses around the world that has and is tarnishing their image .

• Biahi
    Biahi

Smiddy, USPS is the United States Postal Service. 😀

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thanks Biahi , now the discontinuance of yearbooks really surprises me ,I was always interested to see what growths took place in many countries.

Yearbooks and experiences played a big part in my time as a JW ,sad to say now .

Maybe the GB decided to take away YB`s as it always now gave such negative vibes to the declining preaching work and the growing number of Anointed must surely have been a reason.

Jw`s giving up on living in a paradise Earth as it seems to be getting further and further away from them.

OK i`ll settle for dying and being resurrected to live in heaven and rule with JC .

Is this what the religion has come down too ?

Makes you think doesn`t it ?

• Hopeless1
    Hopeless1

SMIDDY,

Think this may be what you are looking for,- (on JWdotorg

2020 Service Year Report

2020 Country And Territory Reports

(would do a link but not sure that would be wise)

• Overrated
    Overrated

I got a letter from a JW. Right into the trash it went. It is the same for anyone who gets a strange letter from a Jw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit