Lets face it. Baptism is a lie.

by nowawake14 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

Xanthippe, I knew what baptism meant. I knew what the consequences were for disobedience. There was no fine print.

However, as a minor, I didnt understand the gravity of what I was agreeing to. How can you? How does anyone in their early 20's on down actually understand what 'life' entails.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Incognito, yes I remember the elder who went through the baptism questions with us seemed to really emphasise the one about disfellowshipping. For me, I didn't think there were any consequences becasue I couldn't see myself 'sinning'. It never occurred to me that disagreeing with a teaching might be considered a sin!

I remember I was the only one in a group of five teenagers who couldn't see that difellowshipping was an act of love. I said it seems like a punishment to me.

The elder went over that section again but I still couldn't see it. He gave up and moved on. I should have realised then, but I was only fifteen!

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

When I was baptized, the 2nd question was asked was belief in the father, the son and the holy spirit. Now, it is the father, the son and Gods directed spirit ORGANIZATION-- this is NOT what scripture is all about. So does that make my baptism wrong? Can I get a scriptural divorce? Does it make the new question invalid? I would definitely say "Yes"-- the society sucks new ones into a system of massive fraud. The Amway business model, bring in the new ones to sell the product and build a money train.

• Tiana
    Tiana

I was not immersed fully, ie had a swimming cap on to not get my hair wet. Does it make my baptism null n void?

Great so no accountability then, i can do whatever I want then. No ds'fing then.

To be free is divine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit