Winnesses of ME (Jesus)...Acts 1:8...NOT Winnesses of Jehovah

by NikL 11 Replies latest jw friends

• NikL
    NikL

So Jesus said in Acts 1:8 ...

you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you,+ and you will be witnesses+ of me in Jerusalem,+ in all Ju·deʹa and Sa·marʹi·a,+ and to the most distant part* of the earth.

Witnesses of Jesus and not Jehovah. Unless they are one and the same?

So I was a witness for years. I guess I was young and stupid but I never thought of that till today

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi NiKl,

No, I don't see you as stupid...you felt you belonged and that you had a place to fit in. Like so many witnesses, I don't think they don't see certain scriptures but you may have had a sense of belonging and felt religiously safe. Your life was nice and neat now....you were able to check mark your life. &&&& you were young...

I'm still active, I know we are supposed to witness for Jesus....if the org. represented/witnessed about Jesus it would be a different religion.

Tor

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Did you folks ever realize that Isaiah 43:10-12 applied to Spiritual

Israel only according to Rutherford's Theology

Where does Spiritual Israel go when they die?

Heaven

In 1931 everybody was confessing that designation

So, today, we have 8 million "Jehovah's Witnesses"

Really?

Are they Spiritual Israel?

A little confusing isn't it

The name is defunct except for under 20,000 good folks

Rutherford was a little short sighted I think

(I wonder who of 8 million "Witnesses" have thought about this :) )

:0)

PS Don't you SARCASM love religion lol

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Check some of Searchers threads if you really want your mind blown. Literally dozens of scriptures that all apply to Jesus, while all along you thought they were about the other big J

• waton
    waton

In verse 7, he also told them to stay away from time-related predictions, speculation, prophecy. "it is not given to you to understand time, that the father has put in his own jurisdiction", so:

preach about Jesus, if you must, but:

leave time alone, it is the latter day forbidden fruit. the father has put time in his own jurisdiction. Even Einstein struggled with it, and on and on.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Did the Jews in Isaiah`s day Isa.43:10-12 have any idea about a spiritual Israel ? Wouldnt they have understood naturally that scripture applied to them as a people ?

Yet they never took on the name Jehovah`s Witnesses or called themselves such

And Jesus never rebuked them for not doing so .

Their is not one scripture in the New Testament that says Jesus Disciples are to be witnesses of Jehovah yet their are about 30 that state his disciples are to be witnesses of Jesus.

Note : the name Jehovah didnt exist before the 13th Century it was represented by 4 Hebrew letters YHWH

and nowhere in the New Testament do these four Hebrew letters exist,so no "Jehovah" in the New Testament

• cofty
    cofty

1] Early Christians were WITNESSES of Jesus.

On his last evening with his disciples Jesus promised to send the Holy Spirit who would;

"Bear witness about me, and you in turn are to bear witness, because you have been with me from when I began." (Jhn.15:26,27)

Immediately prior to his ascension Jesus told them ;

"You will be witnesses of me..to the most distant part of the earth." (Acts 1:8)

Paul said that the minds of unbelievers had been blinded so that:

"The glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. For we are preaching not ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord." (2Cor.4:4,5)

In Revelation the dragon goes off to wage war with those who:

"Have the work of bearing witness to Jesus."

The harlot is seen to be;

"Drunk with the blood of the holy ones and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus."

When John falls down before the angel he receives the rebuke:

"Be careful do not do that. All I am is a fellow slave of you and of your brothers who have the work of witnessing to Jesus."

In contrast to the practice of early Christians, no Jehovah's Witness would ever identify themselves as a witness of Jesus...

• NikL
    NikL

LostGeneration 10 hours ago

Check some of Searchers threads if you really want your mind blown. Literally dozens of scriptures that all apply to Jesus, while all along you thought they were about the other big J

I have a list of scriptures I am slowly going through and meditating on that I got from Searcher. He is THE MAN (or woman I dunno) but they have their stuff together that's for certain.

This scripture just struck me because they (The JWs) harp and harp about bearing witness to the big J (as LostGeneration put it) But this is so plain and simple...no mental gymnastics to jump through, no complicated theology to learn.

Either Jah has blinded me and I am just mentally diseased or Jesus has opened my eyes.

Maybe it's a little of both. I guess time will reveal.

• blondie
    blondie

In fact in the NT there are no mentions of Christians being witnesses of Jehovah (or even God). That was one of the first things I started researching (Acts 1:8) after I really read it.

At first only the anointed were considered by the WTS to be Jehovah's witnesses since Isaiah is about Israelites and then spiritual Israelites (only 144,000).

In the publications the WTS would say anointed and their companions, remnant and their companions....or Jehovah's witnesses and their companions/associates. So who else could these companions/associates be but non-anointed and thus not included with Jehovah's witnesses.

The great crowd were not even invited to the memorial until 1938, 3 years after 1935 and the new light.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w50 3/1 p.70 par.12***

Jehovah’s witnesses and their companions testify to the people concerning the Kingdom and its blessings. They call upon the people to join in praising God

*** w53 4/1p.214par.21***

Only Jehovah’s witnesses and their associates are bearing the fruits of the Kingdom by public proclamation. (Heb. 13:15) They alone are heralding forth the good news that God’s kingdom under Christ is man’s only hope.

*** w56 2/1 p.96***

To be sure, all of Jehovah’s witnesses and their good-will companions will be active this month presenting from house to house

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit