So the elders want to meet with me....

by Tina_Belina 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Tina_Belina
    Tina_Belina

So here's the deal. I have been df'ed for almost 2 years now. The elders have not tried to contact me once within this time. I am currently living with my jw parents. My dad comes home yesterday and says the elders would like to meet with me. He says they just want to talk and see how I'm doing. He said it would be a good chance for me to say anything I didn't get to say before. I'm very skeptical though. I really have no interest in talking with them. I love my life right now, why should I be pushed back into the "I'm a bad person. I'm evil" guilt trip? I'm also very skeptical of this sudden interest in me knowing that the circuit overseer just visited and they probably have not been meeting thier "quota." Any advice on how to handle this?

• Valis
    Valis

Just say you don't want to based on what you said in your original words. You are happy and won't be brought down by them. Oh and welcome to the forum!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

They were probably put up to it by your parents.

I'd politely refuse to meet with them. If you do, they will be pushing all the buttons you are familiar with. Armageddon, etc.

Plus, every year, they are supposed to meet with all diffed ones in their territory to help them.

I'd say, if you are happy now, just refuse. Put up with your parents efforts to reconvert you and flee!

Or, you can drop all the apostate info on them. The UN, pedophilia, etc. Might be fun if you're up to it.

CZAR

• Tina_Belina
    Tina_Belina

Actually my parents have been really good about not pressuring me to "come back." They have seen how much happier I am. And now I can be completly open and honest with them. Where as before 90% of everything I said to them was a lie. They finally understand it's my life and I'll live it as I please.

I just wish the elders could have been a little less obvious and brought this up maybe the week after the co visit.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

You might want to ask your dad if he thinks it will make it any easier/better for him and your mom if you talk to the elders? I wonder if they're pressuring him? If he thinks it will make it easier, you might ask him to talk it through with you since you have no intention of saying anything the elders want to hear. If he doesn't care, don't talk to them.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Tina!

You know, what would be any advantage to YOU to meet with them? It seems as if it's a win-lose situation. They're not really interested in you, but, as you implied, their numbers. It's not to your advantage at all, and could only serve to hurt you, or at least WASTE your time.

Pat

• garybuss
    garybuss

I love to talk to elders. It's one of my favorite ways to waste time. They make everybody else I know look pretty smart. GaryB

• lastcall
    lastcall

The elders may be trying to gage where your at. If they see that you are making your way back that is one thing. But if you are clear that you are not coming back, then they will pressure your parents into seeing that you should live somewhere else.

The elders asked my dad to step down as a MS, because my brother, who was living with them was DF'd and over 18.

How loving....

I wouldn't talk to them unless you see some benefit to you.

Welcome to the board!

LC

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

What is wrong with politely declining the invitation to meet? Since you live with your parents, if they don't care either way, (and mean it) that is all you have to do. It seems to me the worse the JW elders can do is put in their file you are not ready to "repent". They might put some new or added pressure to get your parents to ask you to leave the house, but that should be between you and them.

Remember, the only control the elders have over your live is the control you give them.

• blondie
    blondie
    The elders asked my dad to step down as a MS, because my brother, who was living with them was DF'd and over 18.

Good point, last call. According to the WTS, unless a DF'd child is under 18, seriously ill, or totally destitute, parents are not supposed to offer them a place to live with them. Technically, the parents could be DF'd and at the very least lose privileges.

Blondie (of course there are written and unwritten rules)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit