CO said; “Friends (plural) who’ve been raised in the truth are beginning to have doubts regarding their faith”

by pistolpete 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Here is what a CO said at the Elders and MS meeting.

It goes to show that no matter how hard the Governing Body tries to instill fear of Apostates, it's just not working on the YOUNG CROWD OF JWS.

It's a new Generations of Born in jws--------and they don't buy this shit anymore.

It's really over for the Watchtower. It's just a matter of time for the Older generation that gave it their all to finally pass away.

Quote from post on reddit

We recently had a Elders and MS meeting with the CO. The CO mentioned some of the things that were happening to a lot of friends in our circuit…. The main one….

Friends (plural) who’ve been raised in the truth are beginning to have doubts regarding their faith

I tried with all my strength not to make a facial expression of pride in that zoom meeting. Activist on here, YouTube, and other social platforms are reaching the hearts and minds of people with pure facts about this cult.

The borg really can’t stop what’s happening, they can only really hope to delay it. With every generation they get weaker. With every generation there are fewer qualified men who actually want too be used by the cult. With every turn of the clock more and more people are waking up.

Covid restrictions really have allowed people to grow, to see their true value, to realize that they are more than this cult.

Don’t get me wrong there are people who’ve given their lives for this cult, symbolically and physically. And because of that investment they potentially will never wake up. But as generations come and go that number gets smaller.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/ot8r3f/co_meeting_pimo_on_the_inside/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

When every single prediction you make turns out wrong, when you relentlessly tell people how flawed and unworthy they are, when you continually slander everyone outside the Organization, it begins to have an impact.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Coincidentally I went to a meeting last night at the church I attend, where they openly spoke about more effective ways of retaining their youth.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

I doubt that this phenomenon applies only to witnesses. It's likely a global trend.

Here's a gallup poll headline from March 2021, describing the down trend in the USA:

U.S. Church Membership Falls Below Majority for First Time - BY JEFFREY M. JONES

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

In 2020, 47% of U.S. adults belonged to a church, synagogue or mosque

Down more than 20 points from turn of the century

Change primarily due to rise in Americans with no religious preference

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans' membership in houses of worship continued to decline last year, dropping below 50% for the first time in Gallup's eight-decade trend. In 2020, 47% of Americans said they belonged to a church, synagogue or mosque, down from 50% in 2018 and 70% in 1999.

Link: https://news.gallup.com/poll/341963/church-membership-falls-below-majority-first-time.aspx

The trend is clear. A majority of Americans are now NOT Xtian.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The flip flop doctrines, overlapping, anti education and job, nepotism, dating/ marriage rules. You don't have to research

• asp59
    asp59

What happened to being bless or preaching speed up in lasts days. Kingdom halls being places of refugee. Seems everything they say the opposite happens.

• hoser
    hoser

It’s very similar to how the USSR fell. Nobody believed in communism anymore and one day they just all stopped pretending.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Well it about time!

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

What a true religion would do: Provide higher quality evidence, shore up any holes in its arguments, listen intently to criticism and attempt to make proper changes for the better, encourage people with doubts to look at a wide variety of sources vetted for accuracy and ultimately let God be the one to enact any kind of judgements.

What a not-so-true religion would do: Tolerate no sort of disagreement or questioning, label critics and unbelievers as despicable, dangerous, and dishonest agents of Satan, cruelly punish any member who changes their minds about their beliefs and extort them into silence with public shaming and shunning, bribe people into agreement by offering paradise and threaten people against disagreement with brutal execution and eternal death.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

There were a number of time periods in the history of the International Bible Students Association and the Jehovah's Witnesses in which the number of people believing in the WT religion dropped drastically on a percentage basis (such as after 1925) yet the religion recovered. Can we be sure that this time the religion will not have a recovery. I hope so, but I am not so sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit