Try Being Kind...It Actually Feels Good!

by EyesOpenHeartBroken 16 Replies latest jw friends

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE
    Timely post .......I think a "commenting decorum renaissance" is a good thing !
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

EyesOpenHeartBroken, you're a chick, right?  

Or are you living in some kind of neo-hippie "piece & luv" fantasy land?

Hope I didn't add too much to your broken hearts club band.

• LisaRose
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Pete you are one of the kindest posters here! (Except... I don't read the believers vs. atheists posts anymore, so it's possible I missed a nasty comment or two ;) )

EOHB you know I sent you a p.m. but I just also wanted to state here publicly that I strongly agree with you and think you are a wonderful person for posting it.

• zeb
    zeb

As we are anon. I can say one this.

One morning I had an interview with social security. (Oh God whats this about.. dread dread) It was nothing, an administration thing.

In there I saw a couple in rough clothes, rough appearance but the love they had for their little bub was golden.

I cant think the last time they had decent meal. I got a voucher from a nearby coffee shop and brought it back to them. If you could have seen their faces light up.

and one time I met a lady who i remotely knew with her mum (similar financial situation) and they were out with little one. It was his ...birthday. I went out and returned with a model farm truck.

There were tears that fell some of them mine.

Now that I have bragged my head off I will go.

Thus I love to perform random acts of kindness.

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

Thanks y'all for adding in some great thoughts. Really appreciated reading the comments.

Zeb-That was a beautiful thing you did. The tears are rolling here. Feels awesome,huh? My kids and I have been doing a random kindness "project" and we have been having some amazing moments.

Nathan- I gave you a "like" in your comment so you didn't feel bad.

• millie210
    millie210

I love zeb!

Great thread Eyes Open...thanks for starting it and letting us see each others hearts,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit