This week's resurrection video, will it backfire on the wt?

by prologos 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Non JW here. Not my first go around at the mid week meeting but my first seeing a video in the middle of a service.

I was confused by the video. I didn't get the religious component. After looking at a few people wipe their eyes, I realized there was some emotional manipulation going on. It was just a weird experience.

I'm the biggest crybaby watching movies but while others must have felt differently, I felt completely disconnected from the characters for some reason.

• NewYork44M
  • BlackWolf
    BlackWolf
    I agree with everyone, this a horrible and ridiculous video. Everyone in my Cong was bawling their eyes out, except i just kept a blank face and one other rebellious teen just started laughing hysterically. I feel bad because I heard my dad say he's gonna chew her out for being disrespectful when actually she just did what I wanted to do too! Utter ridiculousness. Of course its mean to laugh but its hard to believe all these people really fall for this crap.
  • prologos
    prologos
    I guess there is a perverse pleasure in all this for some, like going to a "schreck" movie. but entertainment at the expense of the vulnerable ones?
  • smiddy
    smiddy

I find it amusing that in all these New World / paradise scenarios , they have the latest equipment , building materials , clothing , mod cons , sewerage ,technology ,etc.etc. ,Where do they think all this comes from ?

If not from mass produced , in factories somewhere along the line.

The earth has different temperate zones , no way could it be otherwise ,therefor every where on the earth could not be a paradise.

smiddy

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    the first time I've seen those two vids as well, TBH they were quite slick and well produced, but the macabre scfi element that almost borders on a Zombie style movie plus a Stepford Wives style theme rings out as well, truly sick, but the message of this lunacy is even sicker, these are events that go beyond the realms of scientific impossibility and so called intelligent people believe it!
  • steve2
    steve2

When the nearness of the end of this system keeps slipping out of view, you gotta keep the troops on guard and optimistic somehow.

So elevate into view the "hope" of the resurrection because , while the end of this system may slip out of view, our individual end of life doesn't.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Not much of a celebration going on there but then JWs are so emotionally defective they have no idea how to celebrate or react to real joy. The biggest yearly "celebration" is pretty much a solemn funeral service, after all, that the majority don't get to "celebrate". Kinda like orphaned Oliver Twist being around peering in the window while a select few eat a feast which he gets none of; cruel.

Also, resurrected are neither male nor female, so you will not get a "daughter" or "son" back in that respect. Jesus said so.

Luke 20:33-36 NET

In the resurrection, therefore, whose wife will the woman be? For all seven had married her." [34] So Jesus said to them, "The people of this age marry and are given in marriage. [35] But those who are regarded as worthy to share in that age and in the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage. [36] In fact, they can no longer die, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, since they are sons of the resurrection.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

yes Lieu you are right Matt 22,30, so the reality of their resurrection could be this instead of the first pic

• Lieu
    Lieu

Hmmmm, if resurrected people can no longer die, JW thought on the 1000 yr reign end are incorrect. If the majority of peeps are the resurrected (since JWs say only a small number would live through the big A), then they've already been judged worthy of never dying again.

Just a side thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit