Cute: A Goose Quacked And Pecked At A Cop’s Car. When He Followed Her, He Couldn’t Believe What He Saw!

by Hecce 31 Replies latest social current

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh wow....how amazing!

Thanks for sharing!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thats an incredible story backed up by video .Neither of theses officers will ever forget this experience .

And neither will the goose I suppose.

I`ll never call anybody a " goose" again

• Hecce
    Hecce

Something new for me:

Despite having acquired a reputation for stupidity, geese show signs of great sensitivity and intelligence. Many species mate for life, and the death of a loved one provokes behaviour that is remarkably similar to our own. They honk mournfully, stop eating, hunch up their feathers and can remain that way for months. If a partner is shot down, they will return to earth to stand vigil next to its corpse. Reunited couples perform a ‘triumph ceremony’ – a combination of dance and song which re-enacts their courtship.

http://qi.com/infocloud/geese

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

When was the last time a goose came home and beat the sh*t out of its mate? When was the last time a flock of geese protected violent members of its own flock that harmed the baby geese? Scratch that - when was the last time a goose molested its baby geese? Never. You know why?

Geese are decent people.

Take a lesson, JWs.

• tiki
    tiki

Love it!!!

• Hecce
    Hecce

I guess, the other side of their behavior:

Goose chasing people - funny geese attack compilation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkgwmPUak70

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Not too surprised.

Birds are actually pretty smart.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I had a raccoon that I had raised. She left home and was gone for months. Then one day she came home and did something like the goose. We were outside. She came in the yard and was acting different. My wife said "she wants something." I bent down and stuck out my hand. She came up and gently took my hand in her mouth and tugged on it. My wife and I looked at each other in amazement realizing the coon wanted me to follow her.

She then lead me on a journey, often stopping and turning around to come back and get me when I lost site of her in the very tall (three or four feet) marsh grass. The rest is a long story, but to this day, I am amazed by what happened and probably wouldn't have believed it had I not experienced it myself.

I have vast experience with animals, but this event and two others like it with the same coon enlightened me and showed me that there was some level of thinking and reasoning going on with this coon beyond what I would have ever thought possible. She was a much-loved, precious creature.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Magnum

The rest is a long story

We have time

• zeb
    zeb

warming, a story of wonder, and a pleasant experience for the cops who see so many things un-pleasant. Thanks for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit