Politically Neutral and No Part of this World....

by Davros 19 Replies latest jw friends

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The old time JW's that I knew, if they were still alive, would be blown away by how much the doctrinal based lines have been blurred.

I've commented before about what my mother said towards the end of her life before the dementia took over. She was baptized in 1942, and said shortly before she died, "If Jehovah's Witnesses were THEN what they have become NOW, I would NEVER have been baptized as one!"

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes , Witnesses are supposed to be politically neutral both Nationally and on a party level.

However, living in this world with its 24/7 news media,it is largely impossible to not form a personal opinion about things. I have found that these opinions are kept very private and are NOT expressed to the congregation at large. Only in a family chat at home are they free to speak their mind .

I found among elders that older brothers, who had fought WW2 in their younger days, would sometimes say comments that betrayed a more patriotic British attitude than I had. I just accepted that as personal differences due to a different upbringing.

The bottom line is that the Borg can make rules, but cannot rule what people still feel within. They should not say it though.

• Half banana
    Half banana

The JW organisation is a business, it requires political skill to control the minds and actions of so many individuals. As their organisational confidence rose due to increasing numbers and consequent wealth in the late 1980s, they were emboldened to join the UN. This was it seems to pave the way for their expansion in the east of Europe and elsewhere.

By its own value judgements the organisation should have been disfellowshipped for this! But in a cult there are no checks or balances, it is totalitarian, the membership have no say, no veto, they are powerless.

Individuals are routinely excommunicated for lesser offences but the leaders place themselves above the principles of the common herd. When their sins were found out by the UK Guardian newspaper, they gave no apology just excuses. To become an NGO member of the UN a necessary part of the formal agreement is to share the ideals of that organisation. The Watchtower is implacably opposed to international efforts for world peace by human agency and for this reason it had denounced the UN from its inception.

They demonstrated they have no conscience. What remains of the JW governing body's involvement in politics is a prime example of their utter hypocrisy. It is the self interest of the governing body which rules supreme in Watchtower land.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

So many demonize Trump. No looking at the faults of the other side.

If Trump is the " one" to bring armageddon shouldnt they be for him?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I know this isn't p.c. but even the black jw's loved the obamas

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Political neutrality: Keep supplying all the energy needed so the government can go ahead and run the whole world into full communism.

• Davros
    Davros
    I know this isn't p.c. but even the black jw's loved the obamas

I’ve noticed that many JWs seem to love the Obamas. There was even an increase in disfellowshipping and reproving after Obama first got elected because there were many JWs in the US who went out and voted for him because they wanted to be part of history. (At least that’s the story that Brother Herd tells).

I have heard many times, especially while out in service, on how much the Obamas are admired. Never a bad or derogatory comment about him or his family. Now the current President is a different story. Again, I don’t care if you are for or against this administration, JWs shouldn’t be going there during ANY theocratic activity, then proudly proclaim to anyone who will listen (or not) that they are politically neutral.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It may serve to help some wake up, thinking more politically. They may come to realise how lies are fed to people, especially by Cults, political, and then religious.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Davros - "...There was even an increase in disfellowshipping and reproving after Obama first got elected because there were many JWs in the US who went out and voted for him..."

Funny, I'd have thought that any JW who voted on the sly would've leaned more rightward.

Maybe the bulk of them were from the West Coast, though... I've heard a lot of Californian JWs are pretty liberal in attitude.

• Davros
    Davros
    Funny, I'd have thought that any JW who voted on the sly would've leaned more rightward

I would have thought so too, but I think it depends on where in the US a person would be located. In most major cities, most people lean left and it seems that JW's in larger areas on both the East and West coast tend to lean that way as well.
    Also, I think the admiration of the Obama's come from more than politics, but I'm not going to bring that subject up cause that's a whole other issue that I see as well, and JW's aren't supposed to be proud of their heritage or nationality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit