Politically Neutral and No Part of this World....

by Davros 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Davros
    Davros

Hi. Nice to be here. Still a PIMO and struggling through my fade.
    I still have several JW friends on social media. And the past several years, I've noticed that some of them comment on, or even post political memes.
    For example, a lifelong witness that I know posts several anti Trump memes. Latest one was after the "Bleach" controversy and it was a meme showing the President in a coffin with his wife, the Obama's, Hillary, Bushes all around the coffin celebrating. Another Meme I saw from someone else who is an active witness and an appointed man was a picture of the leader of the leader of NK with a Trump haircut. I have seen other memes, political comments, from several active witnesses, even appointed men.
    Now, in our congregation, there have been Brothers who went up on the platform to offer up a prayer and mentioned certain presidential orders or events. More specifically, when the so called ICE raids were supposed to take place several months ago, this one Brother mentioned the Presidential Order specifically during the prayer and said that this will affect a lot of the brothers who are in this country illegaly. Some Sisters even said during service comments such as, they would love to meet Obama, and, "don't this dress make me look like Michelle Obama?" One elders wife even follows the Obama's on facebook and wished them a happy anniversary.
    The point I feel is, that the Witnesses are supposed to be Polically Neutral. Why then are they even going there on anything political? It doesn't matter what side they may be on. or where they secretly stand politcally It strikes me as utter hypocrisy to go around preaching and bragging that the JW's are politically neutral and then go on social media like facebook or twitter and have the nerve to post polical memes or comments.
    Just another case of do what I say, not do what I do, which is the way of the world that they are not supposed to be part of. Proves that they are all full if it, but we all knew that all along, didn't we?

• skin
    skin

Remember a few years ago when the GB asked witnesses all around the world to write and send letters to The Russian government in an effort to manipulate the political outcome of the WT ban there. I refused to have any involvement with that little WT political stunt, but a very high % of witnesses had no objection to writing to the Russian government. All of which failed and the ban still went ahead.

• TD
    TD
    The point I feel is, that the Witnesses are supposed to be Polically Neutral.

That's the claim, but they've really lived up to it. The JW parent organization has stumped for the U.N. and taken sides on gun control, environmental and social issues.

Why would the rank and file behave any differently?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

The Witnesses of today are a watered down version of what JW's used to be. I think this will be the case more and more until eventually they become just another mainstream religion. The old time JW's that I knew, if they were still alive, would be blown away by how much the doctrinal based lines have been blurred.

• Davros
    Davros
    Why would the rank and file behave any differently?

True. But then, why then is voting a disfellowshipping offense? It’s ok to post political memes? Make comments on the politics of certain government officials, but it’s not ok to have a say at the ballot box?

What gets me is that the family of the lifelong witness that posted the meme of Trump in the coffin have always been very fanatical Witnesses . His Father would be the type to try to council a person, in a most unloving way I may add, about the most BS of so called offenses. He once saw someone at the store who had a pin with a certain rock band on their jacket and he made such a big deal about it. But yet his Son can post stupid political memes against Trump. (Not that I’m for or against Trump. It’s the principle of the thing). But then again, since when does the modern JW have any principles.

Just my observation.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DAVROS:

Welcome to the forum!

I always felt there was nothing worse than an uneducated JW who doesn’t even understand politics, to be making remarks about anybody. I even sent a message to a JW I knew on social media telling this person just that...Maybe these people should send back their Stimulus check..I won’t even get into JWs and illegal immigration.

Witnesses are against everything, don’t support anything - but yet they have their hands out looking for what they can get from the government.

• oppostate
    oppostate

well if its an antitrump meme i will let it pass progressive nevertrumper that i am

lol

• Italiancalipso
    Italiancalipso

It is easy when you are JW, you can blame always the government whatever is the party, as they are part of the Satan's world, and take no responsibility for the actual state of their country.

Said that, for me sound akward this action, if it happen in my congo for sure the elder will reach him, they catch brothers for even less important stuffs :(

• Davros
    Davros
    they catch brothers for even less important stuffs

Thank you for your reply. However, in my experience, depending on who you are, they catch those they want to catch and look the other way or cover it up for others.

• FadewithFlames
    FadewithFlames

You’re bang on Davros, they cover up for the big boys and leave the rank and file to take the flak. Simple reason, it’s a company, an organisation like any other. I’ve been fortunate enough to do quite well at work and rise toward the executive level and that is how I woke up, because I see how political it becomes and the spin put on things, and the JWs are the best at it. The GB think they are celebs now and look at all the positions they have, with conditions you need to meet to have them. Just quit my friend, you are working for a deluded Corporation that is in decline

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit