Take a Moment and Think About How Awesome You Are

by Simon 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Does it still exist Xanthippe? I studied for a bit at LSE.

I don't think so Diog, I did an online search for it the other day but didn't find anything.

My late husband was asked to give a talk about JWs at a seminar at the LSE. People who'd left other cults also spoke. It was really interesting seeing the similarities.

Then for a few years we were a phone contact for ex-jws who wanted someone to talk to. After that INFORM found a married couple who'd left the JWs and also had counselling qualifications to take over. That must have been over twenty years ago.

Yes I keep meaning to do more research on Confucius. It's interesting that he wrote a version of the Golden Rule in his Analects 500 years before Jesus was supposed to have said it.

• zeb
    zeb

Went in at 24 and put up with trying to be perfect until i saw the false facade and was cut to the bone by some horrendous gossip.

Was robbed by brothers and found the elders committees utterly useless. I put this down to useless elders. I was later to learn it was not just those elders but the organization.

Contacted Federal Ministers to support the jw in Malawi. In recent years found out it was the branch office that told them there not to obtain or carry the party ID cards. Found out further the head office denied that and said it was the jw in Malawi who "chose" their course re the cards.

1975.. never believed it.

Down these years was raising a family and eventually faded. After the demise of members of her family my wife went back and the more she got back in the more our marriage went down hill.. we are separated.

Then came the CARC. Thus with this awe-ful chapter of life I have found this place and been able to help many many others.

All my life experiences and and learning gave me the ability to put my words together when i contacted the CARC to counteract the chicanery of wt elders as they appeared on the witness stand. I sent emails and made phone calls and on occasion i broke down. I told the counsellor that my passion for the CARC is born out of the knowing my offspring were abused. She said to me "We have had so many phone calls." (exposing the elders)and she added "It must be so hard for you to do this, I think you are very brave".

I put together a parcel of notes for the CARC and posted it off it weighed just under 5 kilo.

Out of this all i am disappointed that the govt has been so cowardly in dealing with the wt but I did a job that with out the knowledge drawn from here and I know the silent support i never would have had the courage or the ability.

thank you Simon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit