83,000 theocratic facilites?

by average joe 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• average joe
    average joe
    A bethelite was telling me that there are 83,000 theocratic facilities world wide. He compared that to 35,000 mcdonalds and 21,000 starbucks roughly to show the size of the theocratic organization. I am not sure where the 83,000 comes from what would he be counting?
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Number of Kingdom Halls?
  • blondie
    blondie
    Over 111,000 CONGREGATIONS, so it could mean KHs, assembly halls, and bethels
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"He compared that to 35,000 mcdonalds and 21,000 starbucks roughly to show the size of the theocratic organization. I am not sure where the 83,000 comes from what would he be counting?"

Tell him that Starbucks and McDonalds serve a lot more people than the JWs do.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle
    😏Probably facilities as in toilets.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

I agree with blondie. In 2010 the annual report of JW's, 107210 congregation worldwide,

but many congregation share KH.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

average joe:

He compared that to 35,000 mcdonalds and 21,000 starbucks

Why?! They're not religious institutions. They're open longer hours. They serve more people.

Perhaps it's valid to say they're all led by evil corporations. Other than that, the comparison is essentially meaningless.

• WireRider
    WireRider
    It's really nice of all the JWs to give the Watchtower their time and hard earned money to build a real estate empire controlled by only a handful of men. Now the Watchtower is begging for more money (stealing a lot and manipulating people). What is all that money really used for? I don't see a lot of charity work to help anyone.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

He compared that to 35,000 mcdonalds and 21,000 starbucks roughly to show the size of the theocratic organization.

Yet, McDonald's and Starbucks don't need to send agents door-to-door or have litteratrash trolleys blocking the flow of traffic to try to drum up new business.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    But for how much longer though average joe if you go on to JW broadcasting and look for the annual meeting programe for 2015 in part two from about 3 mins in you will hear and see sam herd one of the governing body telling everybody of all the cuts that there will be.Worldwide thousends of people who work at bethel will be sent home(when i say work its a proper job but they only get board and lodging for it) Next year the two magazines that they have printed every month for about 100 years will only be printed bimonthly instead meaning that they will not be printing about 50 million magazines worldwide

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit