• smack
    smack

sure is along read, but an interesting one

welcome Netty

Steve

Tasmanian Overbeer

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Netty: welcome to the forum, didn't realize you had already snuck in here already.

Welcome to the forum, and don't worry, your long post was well worth the read/s.

Thanks for being so confident and brave to post these personal anecdotes.

We appreciate them, let me tell you.

Best wishes, and so glad you are well on your way to a full post-JW recovery.

Take care,
    Rayzorblade

• anglise
    anglise

Hallo Netty

welcome to the board.

Thankyou for having the courage to post your story. I am so glad that you now have a life of your own choosing and are no longer controlled by the WTBTS.

As you have found it takes time to really get this out of your system and realise that they are NOT the truth. Only when that happens can you start to move on.

I am sure that your post will help others who are still trapped.

Have a lovely xmas with your family

Anglise

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Greetings. Nothing like a fresh new flow of blood! This board can always do for one. Welcome.

Guest 77

• outnfree
    outnfree

Welcome to JWD, Netty!

Nice to have you here. Sad, but ultimately promising story you posted there. Glad you're out!

outnfree

• shotgun
    shotgun

Welcome and Thanks for sharing your story Netty!

Despite all the odds it sure sounds like you turned out to be a fantastic woman, wife and mother.

Shotgun

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Welcome to the board Nettie! I very much relate to your story.

When us kids were in our teenage years, my father was so surprised to hear that we had a difficult time approaching him. He had a violent temper, was tyrannical, angry,

I had the same problem with my parents. I couldn't trust them. I would rather keep all my problems bottled up inside because my parents did more to hurt me than help me.

as soon as I turn 18 I will move out and this will all be over with. I hung on to that thought, it was the only thing that kept me going.

I was the same way. I think it's the only thing that stopped me from suicide.

After all I just wrote about my parents, my father particularly, I still would never want them to know any of this because it would seriously hurt them

This is where I differ. I've tried confronting my mother about all the beatings and the effects of the WTS. After all the beatings, she denies it all. Apparently, she's only hit me once. The frustration of being lied to about this subject is incredible. I cannot forgive my mother unless she realizes what she's done to me. She has no clue what I've suffered because of her actions, and her actions influenced by the WTS.

Glad you've finally been able to start your recovery. It only keeps on getting better.

• Dansk
    Dansk

WELCOME, NETTY

Ian, Claire & Boys

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi Netty

Welcome to the board

• Netty
    Netty

Not sure how I managed, but I guess I posted my story two different places on this board, I'm on the learning curve.

Thank you all so much, its just great to be among people who have the same experiences. NOT that its great that you had the experience, just that we can relate.

Nosferatu, I think its amazing how people who have hurt you can have such selective memory. I can relate to you there, once it got back around to my father through the "family grapevine" that I accused him of hitting us if we didnt answer at the meeting. WOE, the war that ensued. He adamently denies it ever happened. Tell that to my scars (emotional ones that is). I was so upset that he could not just admit what he did. Kind of made me feel like the La Toya Jackson of the family I respect you for wanting to confront and bring things out in the open, I hope some day very soon you succeed at doing this with your mother.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit