Sydney International Convention

by ozziepost 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The Sydney International Convention is getting some press with claims of 60,000 foreign visitors.

The convention will be held in the Olympic Stadium and apparently there'll even be special trains.

Would you like to join them? It seems they'll invite any old apostate; why, even I have been invited! I'm told the branch committee would love to see me! Yeah, right!

So, as a "public service" (wink, wink) here's the times, according to the November "Kingdom Ministry":

Thursday 2:20pm - 5:50pm

Friday 10:30am - 5:45pm

Saturday 9:30am - 4:40pm

Sunday 9:30am - 4:15pm

Oh, I nearly forgot! The dates are December 11 to 14

So now you know!

Cheers, OzzieCheers 2

• blondie
    blondie

Ozzie,

I'm told the branch committee would love to see me!

Maybe it's a trap and they are planning on having their first public stoning.

Blondie

• robhic
    robhic

How many International Conventions do they have in a year? The reason I ask is because a JW acquaintance told me a pioneer woman from her congregation attended one in Budapest, Hungary in July of this same year. She was all blown away because this woman was so lucky to get the invitation! Of course, she had to pay her own way and all expenses. Didn't sound so blissfully wonderful to me. Especially since this woman doesn't have a lot of money to start with.

Robert

• gumby
    gumby
    It seems they'll invite any old apostate; why, even I have been invited! I'm told the branch committee would love to see me!

Ozzie,

Someone from the branch actually asked for you by name? Wow. Is the branch aware of your standing with the dubs? What do they know about you?

Sorry for all the questions , but you have to wonder whats up their sleeves.

Gumby

• Faraon
    Faraon

Ozzie,

I'm told the branch committee would love to see me!

Maybe you didn't let them finish the sentence...

The branch committee would love to see me dead!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Thursday 2:20pm - 5:50pm

Beauty! I'll be able to attend and then get into Sydney in time for my Thursday night trivia match at the fake Irish pub. Jehovah provides.

I'll see if I can recruit a trivia team from among the punters while I'm there Thursday afternoon!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Blondie,

they are planning on having their first public stoning

Funny you should say that 'cos a few years back that's exactly what they said they'd like to do to me!!! Yep, in those very words.

Cheers, OzzieCheers 2

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

i guess the invitation comes for the talk "beware of the voice of strangers" - a warning about apostates. But why should you go there?

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Hey Ozzie........................so can Mr Bliss and I stay at your place and we can go together? Or will we just meet at the venue???????????//

Gotta be kiddin'. Never, ever again!

Listen to this...............helped Kelpie a bit with her house move yesterday. When Mr and I walked in.........OMG.............there stood a sister, inactive of course. Well, I just pretended to not know her, she didn't remember me, and we just chatted. I waited for the moment to make my move. Yep, it happened, it was my anniversary and I said how as soon as our wedding bands were on the fingers everyone wanted us to go and consumate the marriage yet for the whole courtship we were monitered continually. She asked if that was because I'm Italian, I said ,no I was a dub!!!!!!!!! Told her everything starting with our personal experience to the UN scandal. It was great, I still love the preaching work, only if it's the 'truth' though.

Anyhow, hope you and Mrs O are well, keep in touch.

Cheers, Bliss

• shamus
    shamus

Ozz,

If someone told me that they would like to see me stoned to death I would have made a police report. That is against the law up here in Canada... and that person would be charged. That is a death threat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit