Stephanie Fessler v Watch Tower - Trial on Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2017 in Pennsylvania

by AndersonsInfo 60 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

We need to see a few elders on a post, in a public place.

A warning to the rest of the dumb schmucks.

• talesin
    talesin
    If John Redwood wants to report on the case every day surely that is a good thing. Better than not. I don't see where shes not been transparent.

In my little world, we need to have credibility. Do you know who John Redwood is/was? Obviously not. The use of John Redwood for a pseudonym is inflammatory, at the least.

There IS no John Redwood reporting. Are you getting it? YET?

Seriously. *eye roll*

FYI, from Wiki, and also FYI , there is no "John Redwood" in the exJW movement, such as it is.

John Alan Redwood (born 15 June 1951) is a British Conservative Party politician and Member of Parliament (MP) for Wokingham in the county of Berkshire. He was formerly Secretary of State for Wales in Prime Minister John Major's Cabinet and was an unsuccessful challenger for the leadership of the Conservative Party in 1995. He is currently Co-Chairman of the Conservative Party's Policy Review Group on Economic Competitiveness. He is employed by N M Rothschild & Sons.
  • cobweb
    cobweb
    There IS no John Redwood reporting. Are you getting it? YET?

Yes I get it, its a pseudonym. No doubt he is worried about getting disfellowshipped. He wrote the entire post that Barbara put up in her OP and he states that he will be covering the developments each day.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    RO: Apparently, PA allows for a civil claim to be brought when a criminal statute is believed to be broken. Not many states allow this.

What makes you say that? I don't know anything about this case, apart from what I read here, but it appears to be a claim based on common law negligence, with the statute breach constituting evidence that the Borg didn't follow its own procedures, and hence there was a breach of a duty of care.

RO: Many civil cases have been dismissed in other states because normally there is no private cause of action that is allowed if a criminal statute or a family law regulation.

Leaving aside that that is not what is going on, here, can you give a couple of case examples (referenced to facts in the case)?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Please excuse my ignorance as to how this law of mandatory reporting of Child sexuall Abuse is applied in America but just how many cases have been successfully prosecuted for failing to do so.say in the past 5-10 years ?

I may be wrong and correct me if I am but I dont think this law is followed through very much .

And I dont think it is here in Australia either.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I was just thinking. Wouldn't it be ironic if the victims father ended up been fined or sentenced to jail for not reporting the abuse, as he to was also an elder and had an obligation to report.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

My daughter is a teacher recently graduated luckily with a lot of scholarships but still a lot of debt. Low pay jobs in the US but if she DOES NOT report suspension of abuse she could say goodbye to her career for good. While these JERK Elders get off with some kind of we are claiming clergy lying two faced. I shall stop there before Simon see the true me!!!

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

I was just thinking. Wouldn't it be ironic if the victims father ended up been fined or sentenced to jail for not reporting the abuse, as he to was also an elder and had an obligation to report.

From my posting earlier in this thread, I understood that BOTH the victim's parents would appear to be 'mandated reporters' - and they would also seem to have been the first two 'mandated reporters' to become aware of the (OP) "intimate nature of the relationship".

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

It sickens me that the Elder father did nothing to report this to the authorities. I am now a grown woman and some things were done to me as a kid that I to this day don't understand (not in a sexual nature). It has had a big impact on my life. My dad really did nothing, he was an Elder as well. If what happened to me, happened to my kids, heads would roll. My Dad was a great guy but I really had to fight my own battles as a kid. My dad is deceased, so I can't ask him. I believe it had to do with keeping his position in the congregation. It's hard to believe someone would do this but it happens. The kid is the one who suffers.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

That so called "father" is going to be on the stand, facing a skilled attorney. He's gonna look like the worst father ever if this plays out as described above.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit