Why do CO's refuse to strip Elders of their position?

by Tenacious 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

In several congregations I attended many Elders were downright evil and flat out drunk with power.

Many times I personally knew of things done by them that would have been a disfellowshipping offense had they not been Elders. And even though many times these issues and spiritual atrocities were reported to the CO's and HQ they would many times (if not all the time), get off with a mere slap on the wrist or a forced apology.

Why do you believe Elders are so protected?

My theory is the authority integrity within the congregation. The NY maggots know that they need to keep the R&F in line and obedient. And if the local authority structure starts to falter this can have a detrimental effect on the individual members and the congregation as a whole. They don't want anyone going rogue so instead they forego imposing any real punishment at the expense of the affected members.

I've seen some real wallops which also helped me see that it wasn't what I thought it was.

Your experiences and thoughts?

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Tenacious - that could be true but it also could be the lack of men wanting to take the position. It's been about 15 - 20 years I'm guessing that the WT has been begging/shaming men into "reaching out" They have less men wanting the responsibility and so if they kick out the crummy elders, there is no one to take their place.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"The NY maggots..." Tenacious, every time you write that phrase, I can't stop laughing.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Tenacious

Take a look at this Marc Cora video - go to 1:15:01 and listen to what happened to Paul. His account is only a few minutes long. He was totally stitched up by another elder who duped him into identifying those who would stand up for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0kTNCZLrHA

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Because most CO's don't have the balls to do anything.

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

The reality is that their is a shortage of qualified men. I have seen that it is much easier to stay an Elder than to become qualified to become an Elder. It is structured corporate style. The CO's do not want to have much of a headache and that's why they are reluctant to appoint and reluctant to remove as both require action on their part and they could face being removed if they make bad choices. (Imagine being on the road for 30 years and having no income or retirement to speak of) They are going to ride that gravy train as long as they can.

There is no holy spirit directing these ones, it is all Egos and Corporate Policies.

• waton
    waton

There are born dominators, "god's imagined gift to men", the same person types dominating in the Nazis. then the Commies and now in the Liberal scene.

"Jesus" teaching of a brotherhood of equals is a delusionary promise, hope only. . Look at the excesses of Davidof Bethlehem. ahem.

This is the natural order, your pain of being subjugated is the gain of the grinning winners, CO included.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Green handshakes?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Why do you believe Elders are so protected?

1 they dont want to go through the process of replacing them

2 they rather counsel and pursue remorseful forgiveness to their actions or behavior ,

if there is remorse expressed then a prayer is done and the matter is all cleaned up pushed under the carpet.

3 this too protects the over all image of organization which many JWS particularly elders are constantly regimented to uphold within every congregation . Their organization is righteous and pure after all unlike churches which are full of evil bad people which those religious organizations dont do anything about.

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

Many COs are flat out evil and drunk with power. They support kindred spirits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit