Have Your Relationships Been Affected Because You Were A Jehovah’s Witness?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

I agree JWs preached (if that's what you call it) door to door to save their own necks not out of love/care but for their own elevation/promotion in the group. They're jealous/haters for the most part. I use to hear a narcissistic-sociopathic JW boast continually to her daughter that other beautiful young teenage girls weren't getting eternal life as she was -- like bummer for them - they're pretty or prettier (and had dedicated, responsible, parents, who drove them to ballet, whatever), but they'd be destroyed. Made me sick.

Gotta love religion and the inflated egos/arrogance it promotes.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LV101:

I have to agree with you about some Witnesses being jealous haters. I’m laughing about your story of the sister with the less attractive daughter telling her that the prettier or more financially well-off girls ‘aren’t going to make it’ - but she will, of course.

I saw this envious mentality of JWs who imagined that somebody in the hall who they perceived had something going for them ‘owed’ people something because of this fact..The fact of the matter is that they would never help somebody they are jealous of..So, if ‘the Great Tribulation’ supposedly came, this other person would be out of luck.

Sadly, this is just some of the sick garbage in the Witness religion and I’m glad I don’t have to deal with it anymore.

• LV101
    LV101

Oddly enough this particular JW family probably had as much financially - owned comparable homes/cars. There was no reason for her to put down others simply because they weren't JWs (although this is how they feel good about themselves and special being a cult member) and provided a different life for their daughters/sons - altho the stupid cult had rules (silent or otherwise) against anything worthwhile for children/young adults/adults/dogs/cats, etc. They tried shoving their stupid crazy rules down my throat and I made it clear I wasn't their puppet.

• mrquik
    mrquik

I've been out 12 yrs. Oldest daughter still in. I'm the only living grandparent left. It, of course, made no difference. Haven't seen her or my grandchildren in 12 yrs. Changed my will & cut her out entirely. Instructed my youngest daughter to not allow her at my funeral nor to allow her access to my home or any personal belongings. Be happy to allow her back in my life when she can give me my grandkids' childhood back to me....

• LV101
    LV101

mrquik - so sorry re/your oldest daughter/grandchildren. It's hard to believe a con game of religion has the power to do this. I'm glad you at least have another daughter - I'm not trying to undermine your situation.

Keep care!

• Chook
    Chook

Real friends know when you have been misled, if any old friend doesn’t hold prejudice after seeing us cult affected they are keepers as real eternal friends.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Yes! (Bookmarking)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit