Bro Knorrs Notes RE Disfellowshipping & Two Witness Rule

by pale.emperor 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Hi guys. A fellow ex JW shared this with me. Haven't time to read them yet (I'm using my phone to go on internet). But enjoy.

Knorr sounds like quite a horrible person.

• sir82
    sir82

Appears legitimate - at least it "feels" that way.

Where on earth, & how, did this guy get this list?

• cofty
    cofty

Very interesting. Notice that the reason for the disfellowshipping was to be stated to the "company".

Would rightly result in legal action for defamation now.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Awesome find.

• fulano
    fulano

À pure autocrat, disgusting....

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

It appears legit to me. Three things I noticed.

1) It was a doctor in the congregation who gave her treatment and who seduced her, but she wouldn't tell them who the doctor was? Seems like they could figure it out. How many doctors would there be in a congregation? Most congregations don't have any.

2) "If guilty of adultery before 1947, don't dig in." What happened in 1947?

3) They were calling the congregation a "company" as late as 1951?

• maksutov
    maksutov

It was around 1947 when they published an article saying that excommunication was pagan and not supported by scripture.

• sir82
    sir82

"If guilty of adultery before 1947, don't dig in." What happened in 1947?

Can't say for sure. My best guess is that Knorr just arbitrarily picked it. He didn't want to dig more than [pull number out of hat] 4 years in the past.

That statement seems to be the prototype of the Elder's manual's infamous "if the elder's wrongdoing occurred more than a few years ago, and he has evidence of God's blessing, you can just ignore it" dictum.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

They actually read out loud the reasons for DF'ing a person? WOW! How disgusting!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    They actually read out loud the reasons for DF'ing a person? WOW! How disgusting!

Oh yeah! And if my memory serves me, they did this at least into the 80s (1980s not 1880s ;) ).

If someone else can confirm this, that would be great.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit