Honest assessment of my life

by silent3 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• silent3
    silent3

Hello everyone. My old account was silent and I had to create a new account which kind of bums me, but here I am.

Over the years I've really experienced some rough times emotionally and spiritually which led me down many paths. Being angry most all of time with a few outbursts really started to make me take stock of what was wrong with me. Further I started really going back and trying to figure out where I went wrong.

So I revisted all my previous posts on here. I think 7 topics and 97 replies were found and I went back and commented on every single one.

One thing that struck me is how negative most all of my posts were. I also had made some statements about the FDS which called them into question although I never said they weren't God's channel, I certainly was upset because my life was in shambles - going from a confident young man to a blubbering depressive shell makes you lash out and start looking to blame others for your plight. I had been on anti-depressants from 2002 to around 2009 as well and the muting effects of that medication once removed (without doctor's orders I might add) will make you say and do things you wouldn't if your mind was in the right place.

After much consideration involving a lot of prayer (every night for months) and personal reflection as well as a wonderful visit with my aging mother yesterday, I've been able to remove a few emotional blocks and dig deep into my being to where I can start to feel love - a feeling the likes of which I've haven't felt before.

So I'm going to go merrily back on my way on a spiritual journey with a more optimistic approach. I'm tired of carrying around old baggage and having it define me now. I want to be freed from my pessimism and actually experience positive emotions.

I never said anything negative about Jehovah and Christ Jesus the entire time I was on here because I believe them to be real and as kind and as loving as the Bible says they are. I've replied to all my posts where I was calling into question the FDS's policies and legitimacy. I've looked and found no other place in the world that consistently works as hard to produce spiritual information to help us be optimistic. I want the best for my wife and family and instead of rolling around in the mire of negativity always finding fault and taking a perpetual negative view on spiritual things, I want to approach things in a positive light where no anti-depressants are required to feel good.

I wish you all the best and please remember - it all starts with personal prayer every day and setting some small spiritual goals for yourself. Once you start getting educated on the real life, good things start to happen.

silent

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

So Silent has your righteous vindication been thoroughly fulfilled now ?

• Justaguynamedmorph
    Justaguynamedmorph

Thank Thor. Does that mean your finally going to shut up and go away?

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Once you start getting educated on the real life.

I think you have diverged yourself of the real life all together and found a place where you feel comfortable and that is being controlled by other men.

For some people delusions are more comforting than reality, forfeiting your personal responsibility to yourself and others is also seen as advantageous.

Thinking for yourself as an individual is something some people rather not do, all you have to do in a religious cult is put a number on your head and obey the instructions.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    I want the best for my wife and family and instead of rolling around in the mire of negativity always finding fault and taking a perpetual negative view

My former church does that. They always present everything but themselves as bad.

People outside the church are said to all be selfish, rude, ignorant, evil, unloving, immoral, dishonest.

Authorities are claimed to be lead by the Devil himself, all out to get members of the church. The church is claimed to be the no.1 target of all persecution.

The church claims (contrary to actual facts) that the world gets worse every day. They (falsely) claim disease and disasters, wars and violence, crime and all other evils are on the rise, leading to inescapable mayhem.

They never mention anything good about the world we live in or the world situation. And if they do, they'd portray it in a negative light, claiming mankind is fighting a lost battle anyway.

They also claim every human being is severely flawed, and can never hope to really fight off their own mistakes and flaws.

Members are always told they can't even trust themselves because they will lead themselves astray.

All the above negativity is repeated almost daily to the church members.

You are right. We don't need such negativity in our lives.

I choose to focus on the good in mankind, in the world we live in.

I choose to focus on the huge improvements we made.

Oh...take a guess what my former church is? I'm sure you can recognize them from the description.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

How much y'all want to bet that silent3 will be back on his meds again shortly after attending JW boasting meetings?:) :)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    I had made some statements about the FDS which called them into question although I never said they weren't God's channel.

Let me tell you, the FDS are not God's channel. The living anointed in 1900 were not Gods channel; in 1916, Pastor Russell was not God's channel, in 1932 the living anointed again were not God's channel and in 2012, the popes in Brooklyn now Warwick are not God's channel, nor were the Watchtower leaders in 1919 the original channel. It's just Watchtower's insupportable mythology that they ever channeled truth to mankind or that they were ever given a mandate or ability to interpret scripture for anyone.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

No, it's not a cult at all. This guy just had to bump every post he's ever commented on to try to justify a dog going back to it's own vomit. Look, look, at least I didn't question the cult leaders directly. It was all meeee, I was just so defective. But I'll be good now, just make sure Jehovah and Jesus know what I really said and let me repent of my once heartfelt expressions so I can get in their good graces. This is one of the saddest displays I've seen. You deserve better Silent. It looks like a battered spouse going back for forgiveness.

• wolverines
    wolverines

I too have found this place to be negative. I feel I need to set some spiritual goals for myself and get back onto the correct track. I want to feel the fellowship of god children. Wait no I fucking don't LMAO

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Kind of feel sorry for the guy really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit