Becoming a JW

by Mum 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Biahi
    Biahi

Are you still married, Mum? And how about your kids? Do they shun you?

• new boy
    new boy

"Let God Be True" book.

You must be at least 80 years old now.

• Mum
    Mum

Biahi, I have been married twice, but both husbands are deceased now. My second husband was not a JW. My JW elder husband shunned me sometimes, but not always. He liked my family.

new boy: I will be 74 on November 1, 2022, almost 80.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    new boy: I will be 74 on November 1, 2022, almost 80.

Did we ever think we’d be able to say that when we were “in” ?

I always told my kids I’d never get old but now I’m here, I gotta say, it aches !!!

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I remember in 74 Watchtower pushed that the end would be in 75. Here we are!

• Mum
    Mum

Ozzie, We would have the world almost cleaned up in the new system by now if they had been telling the truth!

Yes, it aches literally and figuratively!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I wonder how may people like us were active JW`s before 1975 and are still here now ?

I also wonder how many ex JW`s know or knew JW`s had an earlier date for the end of 6000 years in the late 1800`s ?

Offhand i cant remember the exact date , so 1975 was their second guess at it .

• Biahi
    Biahi

I turned 16 in 1975, I remember it well. Also, I remember Fred Franz at our assembly in 1976, shaking his finger at the audience, telling us it was “our fault” that nothing happened, because we were “too much in expectation “ of Armageddon. 🤮💩

I was just a teenager, but I knew he was a f**king liar.

• Mum
    Mum

smiddy3: I think they predicted the end in 1874, 1914, 1918, and 1925. If I am wrong, somebody correct me.

Biahi: I don't remember the Franz finger shaking incident at the assembly. It could be because I wasn't paying much attention anymore at that point. The elders where I was just thought that date could be a few years off, but still expected Armageddon any time. I hung in there until 1979, but, after that, I could not endure my life and was losing my mind, and knew I had to do something.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Around 1965 I spent about a year in the Lexington KY area because of another of my mother's foolish decisions. The congregation we associated with was ruled by (if I recall the named correctly) the Gregory patriarchy. Is it possible, Mum, that you met my mother and her three terrible children?

Or maybe you met me and my two brothers from New York City?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit