Poopie has new light

by poopie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Poopie I thought you were trying to say boner !!

Poopie is the long-time staunch anti shunning campaigner no.1. Always a pleasure and brings a smile to my face despite the seriousness of the subject you so rightly rail against.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Sanchy is starting to love Poopie's posts!!

..and Outlaw: best caption of the day award for that one man

• fokyc
    fokyc

Is this the paragraph you are referring to:-

5. Why should we show a measure of honor and respect to people in general?

5 Humans were created “in God’s image.” (Gen. 1:27) Thus, most of them exhibit some godly qualities, though to differing degrees. Humans are capable of showing one another love, kindness, and compassion. Having been created with a conscience, people normally have an inborn sense—albeit at times inaccurate or distorted—that alerts them to what is right or wrong, honest or dishonest, appropriate or inappropriate. (Rom. 2:14, 15) Most people are drawn to things that are clean and beautiful. Generally, they want to live with others in peace. Whether they realize it or not, they reflect to some extent Jehovah’s glory, and for this reason, they deserve a measure of honor and respect.—Ps. 8:5.

I don't think the Elders in my wife's congregation would consider this in any way applies to Disfellowshipped persons.

They certainly would agree that ALL Elders should be given maximum honour and respect at all times.

• poopie
    poopie

It's a statement of fact either it's true for everyone or its a false statement .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit