Emotional Terrorism.

by Englishman 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Engman, life is crazy. Some men will abuse their wives then go and spend hundreds of dollars on them! Go figure? Could it be that some women can 'only' get their husbands to spend money on them by being abused? It sounds crazy, but then again, we live in a crazy world. Who's terrorizing who? I get your drift.

What goes on behind closed doors between couples is anyone's guess.

Guest 77

• one_ugly_time
    one_ugly_time

Englishman --

How about outrageously flirting with someone to get what one wants? Or maybe behaving appallingly, then snuggling up to someone, either physically or mentally, so as to avoid the consequences? Should we class that as emotional terrorism?

I often times get confused about whether or not I should worry about the other persons motive, and if they are aware of their behaviors. However, I do believe, that if an individual is able to outrageously flirt then they are quite aware of their behaviors. I recently read the book The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene . This book reveals the escalation of the behavior that an individual will use to spin a subtle but destructive web of confusion, doubt, and feeling of emotional bonding -- when in fact it is all a scripted play to wear down your defenses. If this is the type of individual that you are asking about, then I would say yes, it is emotional terrorism. It is very destructive. In the end, just when you think the relationship is stablizing, the individual will "develop" ticks that are obviously designed to annoy you -- this is an act (as was the entire relationship) so that you are the one to terminate the relationship. These people really exist !

However, I believe this book also describes the "natural" process of "falling in love"; if and when the behaviors are not planned as a manipulative tool. It is a very interesting human interaction study, with descriptions of JFK, Cleopatra, and other well known historical figures who used this technique for both positive and negative reasons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit