BLONDIE'S COMMENTS YOU WILL NOT HEAR AT THE 3-5-2017 WT STUDY (YEAR'S TEXT)(JANUARY 2017)

by blondie 16 Replies latest jw friends

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi Blondie,

I have always enjoyed your take on the Sunday WT...I would love to use some of your comments... I also use the biblegate web site, it helps me to understand what the NWT is talking about...sometimes, I even get a comment out of it...

David....so much to take out of this story....Adultery, that was allowed back then....was it right, I don't know...it just seemed men could have as many wives as he wanted and could take care of, if he didn't have that many wives, the wife had female servants...seems men always had a lot of eye candy....just my opinion....If David had just slept with Bathseba, maybe just maybe God would have not been too hard on him...but to kill her husband and how it was plotted that is the sin....this is my opinion....and that's why there are so many religions, because of opinions....and everyone thinks they are right...anyway...I don't think God judges adultery like humans...he knows that it's hard for humans to be monogamous....If you ever read the old NWT...there is a scripture in the NT, where a crowd brings a woman to Jesus caught in adultery, of course they want her stoned....side note...males have been committing adultery all through the bible...anybody want to stone him....when a woman has more than one man...the bible never fails to bring it out....back to the point...in the scripture, Jesus draws a line in the sand and ask anyone who has not sinned cross the line...he looked up, nobody was there...told the woman to stop what she was doing...end of story....so why was this scripture removed from the new NWT...we know why? because what that scripture is saying...no one has the right to judge anyone..as a matter of fact some of the bibles say they don't think this scripture is really valid...I say it is...it's just that it puts man in his place....this scripture is to the point...

All of the WT/AW are written to promote the org. They tell stories of long ago that were successes...every now and again, they throw in a story from the 2000.

Oh yeah, free will God did give it to us....but the org. has taken it away...

Again, Blondie, great job and great thoughts....thanks for keeping me from drinking the kool-aide.

Tor

• waton
    waton
    .If David had just slept with Bathseba, maybe just maybe God would have not been too hard on him... iort 500;

I think you are tort here,-- adultery, that is, seducing somebody else's wife, or husband was a "you both must die" offence, (if you did not have the bigger army). so, there was no repentance excuse or exemption in the law, according to Paul.-- For David, having several wives, including one other widow, was just not enough,-- let other men go without.

Good point: wt's gb and god, love David, it gives them license to get away with murder, and other yukky stuff.

• blondie
    blondie

tort500, adultery was not allowed. In fact it is one of the 10 commandments.

1) Multiple wives were allowed but not someone else's wife or fiancee (actually a property issue not a sexual issue)

2) Fornication (single people of the opposite sex having relations) was not a capital offense

3) Marrying a non-Israelite was not a capital offense but highly frowned upon

4) Under the law men were allowed multiple wives but women were only allowed one husband at a time

5) The WTS likes to couch its use of OT examples by saying it is the "principle" that applies but there are NT comments about adultery being wrong for Christians.

Deuteronomy 22:22-25

22“If a man is found lying with a married woman, then both of them shall die, the man who lay with the woman, and the woman; thus you shall purge the evil from Israel.

23“If there is a girl who is a virgin engaged to a man, and another man finds her in the city and lies with her, 24then you shall bring them both out to the gate of that city and you shall stone them to death; the girl, because she did not cry out in the city, and the man, because he has violated his neighbor’s wife. Thus you shall purge the evil from among you.

25“But if in the field the man finds the girl who is engaged, and the man forces her and lies with her, then only the man who lies with her shall die. 26“But you shall do nothing to the girl; there is no sin in the girl worthy of death, for just as a man rises against his neighbor and murders him, so is this case. 27“When he found her in the field, the engaged girl cried out, but there was no one to save her.

28“If a man finds a girl who is a virgin, who is not engaged, and seizes her and lies with her and they are discovered, 29then the man who lay with her shall give to the girl’s father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall become his wife because he has violated her; he cannot divorce her all his days.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And why are they so eternally focused on ancient Israel? How do we know that what happened there will happen elsewhere? Nothing about the rest of the world in this damnation book. And, it is out of date. Supposedly, it has already served its whole purpose, creating the thoughtform we know as jesus. Plus, it has created infinite debt for the whole human race, stemming from a single real or imaginary event and enslaving the whole human race forever for a single event.

As the event that was being prepared for has already happened, there is no further need for joke-hova to do a damn thing for anyone else. You follow that thing's advice, you get sick, too damn bad. You become destitute, joke-hova is laughing as you are getting deeper in debt so it can siphon your soul for energy. The jesus thoughtform is already in place, so everyone else is expendable once joke-hova has taken all your energy.

You are much better off preparing for real events. It is only a matter of time before the dollar becomes toilet paper or becomes devalued, or your bank accounts are bailed in. This is regardless of where in the world you are--Cyprus, Greece, Venezuela, and India already had their bail-ins and cash-outs, while Zimbabwe had its dollar become toilet paper a few years ago. Are you prepared so, when it happens, it will merely be a problem instead of a disaster? And, part of the problem is joke-hova insists on tying up resources. With the money many jokehovian witlesses donate yearly, they could have had a nice stack of silver (a monster box worth, or more) had they bought and kept silver instead of donating to the Worldwide Damnation Fund since just 2011 when we got a major warning.

And no, just because joke-hova protected Tyrant David (who was instrumental in the jesus thoughtform) does not mean that thing will protect you. Tyrant David was being used directly to create that thoughtform to enslave us all, and hence joke-hova was willing to forgive more than a few sins to that end. We today are nothing more than pawns, and worth that much less to joke-hova. Hence, joke-hova will do nothing for us when we are in trouble.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Blondie and all the others

as usual exellent comments. King David and his life has been always been a problem

for me . Was his life a good example? I do not belive it at all.

Concerning the woman caught in adultery (John 7:53-8:1-11) I would like to add do like that wee have all been "caught" in our sins. By the same token the apostle James said that if you break one commandment, you've broken them all (James 2:10).

That places all of us, men and women alike, on the same moral level. We have all sinned. If all Christians would have eyes to see this truth, we would humbly eliminate all self-righteousness from our hearts.

In short, we are all made of clay; we all have the propensity to sin. With one devastating statement Jesus Christ demonstrated that the Law wasn't wrong, but if everyone saw the Law for what it was, we would understand that we are all guilty. Including the self-anointed, puritanical, moral “ guardians of the faith” at that time known as the scribes and Pharisees, today called “the Society’s Governing Body members ... and all elders those who follow in their footsteps, in the so-called “Judicial committees”!

Thanks again for all your time and efforts, which I do appreciate greatly,

All the best to ou all,

J.C. MacHislopp

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Machislopp, that's the key...we all sin...the more folks would admit that the better we would all be.....that's what that scripture they took out the bible was saying...we all sin...so shut up....

The bible gives us dos and don'ts....the OT was approx. 600 commandments, then down to 10 then Jesus said, if you get these two right you got the entire bible....Love God and your neighbor...if you love God you won't do things to other people that will hurt them....that includes adultery....when you really look at what God/Jesus is saying is that the test is 100 questions but if you get 2 right...he'll give you an A....

Adultery is wrong, but it's been around forever....not only can a wife be seduced but so can a male be seduced...look Adam ate the fruit....

Still think the bible was written by wealthy Jewish men.

Tor

• waton
    waton
    "--And no, just because God protected Tyrant David--"

he did not, - the army did. proof?

let us turn this around: -- David tried, unsuccessfully, to get Bathsheba's husband drunk,

now, suppose during that episode, Uriah had made a move on one of David's wives**, even if not making her pregnant, guess what would have happened to him, repentant or not?

That is why wt determinately hangs on to power, their army of glorious ones, because , guess what would happen if they really would be held to account, like David was't

that is why they like to trot out David, again and again.

**Dear, becaused bought with so many foreskins.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit