Italy goes after Protestant religions re taxes due

by blondie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• FragrantAddendum
    FragrantAddendum

"friend of the Count in italy"

• andr
    andr

I understand that you are impressed but the only real reason is that the Catholic Church governs and the Italian state behaves so with everyone, it is a lot of years that the Church causes problems for all religions like the JW, qnche if in Rome the JW They get a mess as in the case of the Russian who had bought the lands and then found himself in the mess because he thought it was a normal negotiation

• FragrantAddendum
    FragrantAddendum

lol

italy isn't about "behaving"

even in the airports you get

dudes smoking holding machine guns next to a sign that says

"no smoking"

italy is about doing what is expected by the hierarchy

there is a written code and there is an unwritten code

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

'italy isn't about "behaving"'

From the Yes Minister episode The Writing on the Wall, concerning a European I'd card:

Minister: How will the other countries feel about identity papers? Won't they resist too?

Sir Humphrey: The Germans will love it, the French will ignore it, and the Italians and the Irish will be too chaotic to enforce it. Only the British will resent it.

https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=yes-minister-1980&episode=s01e05

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I’m not opposed to governments going after scam church registrations for tax purposes. Even if Italy were to pursue a group because religious reasons, that would be something that may be bad, but it is allowed in Europe. The EU does not guarantee freedom of speech or religion, you must overthrow and redraw the constitution for that to happen.

• andr
    andr

but do you know why central bethel relieved all the italian leaders of rome and moved to bologna?

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"but do you know why central bethel relieved all the italian leaders of rome and moved to bologna?"

Knowing American slang as I do, I have to confess to finding this way more amusing than I should. 😸 andr, I apologise for my peurility. 🥴

• andr
    andr

my dear, the funny thing is that in Italy things are done the Italian way, that is, they were very light-hearted in their behavior, they had found a Russian millionaire who was supposed to buy the entire Italian farm including some villas for at least 26 million euros a contract and a deposit followed but to control the possessions, many things were missing therefore he requested the dissolution of the contract and the net loss of the deposit already paid in the amount of double what was paid hence the end of the Romans and the buffalotta

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit