What Songs Best Fit you when you learned TATT and Afterwards?

by Wasanelder Once 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• baker
    baker

https://www.facebook.com/JWBroadcastingMusicVideo/videos/1477037072313487/ This new video should explain why people have been waiting since 1878, not just around the corner, cause we don't live 800 years like they use to in make believe land.

• Nathan Natas
  • Nathan Natas
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Here's another Stevie Wonder song that once I woke up ,I saw the lyrics in a completely "New light."😋

They made me realise firstly how petty and unloving not having birthday celebrations for every single individual is. We are all unique and deserving of a special day to celebrate our lives, we are privileged to be alive and share that life with every person we know.

Secondly that there has been an awful lot of good people who have done so much for humanity. Not witnesses, or even Christians ( Ghandi etc), it's absurd to think, if there was a God, that he wouldn't resurrect them simply because they didn't obey a modern American publishing company. Crazy.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY by the incomparable

Stevie Wonder

You know it doesn't make much sense

There ought to be a law against

Anyone who takes offense

At a day in your celebration

Cause we all know in our minds

That there ought to be a time

That we can set aside

To show just how much we love you

And I'm sure you would agree

It couldn't fit more perfectly

Than to have a world party on the day you came to be

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday

I just never understood

How a man who died for good

Could not have a day that would

Be set aside for his recognition

Because it should never be

Just because some cannot see

The dream as clear as he

that they should make it become an illusion

And we all know everything

That he stood for time will bring

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Oh god Baker!!! that " Just around the corner" song is SO CRUEL. I thought it was a spoof at first, it's so absurd, but then I saw the WT " watermark" on the video and realized it was for real. It made me cry with sadness and anger...to squeeze these old folks for every penny they've got and every spare moment they have aside from work, all on the basis of a false promise to reunite them with their long dead young daughter. How cruel. But remember, one false step...get on the wrong side of the elders and that's it...you will never see your child again, even if you have served faithfully for 70 years...one ciggie and it's eternal death for even the kindest soul in the world.

• baker
    baker

I was shocked as you were Dio, that they could continually use this failed policy to the newby,s, like it could happen over the weekend. Since this is on their Facebook site, you can look at all the zombie like comments coming from their constituents. It is truly sad to see the hope and unwavering belief that still remains in people. None of these lies will ever come true, so it looks like a list of things similar to what children ask from Santa. Those watching Santa know their wishes won't come true, even Santa knows thay won't come true, but the children truly believe in Santa Clause(GB), and are ecstatic about their future of receiving those imaginary gifts. Sad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit