by Stumpy 27 Replies latest jw friends

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    fantastic!
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    sfb: That's great. Who did it?

Spirit of the West.

A Canadian folk rock band from Vancouver. Their final show was in April 2016. The band is disbanding because John Mann has Alzheimers

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

So freaking awesome! Drive Kevin drive, and like Lot's wife, don't look back. Just go!

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane
    There must be empty chairs in the Kingdom hall.

My reality.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Aw...this is sweet. :)

I sent an email to Spirit of the West thanking John for writing this song and about Kevin being the exJW hero and why we relate to this song.

I received a message back from Hugh McMillan from Spirit of the West and I will share it with all of you:

Thanks very much for this message. The song was written by both John Mann and Geoffrey Kelly, and the band arranged and contributed to the music; we are glad to know it is resonating with others, particularly those in situations for whom it was written/inspired by. You may also find resonance in “The Rites of Man”, which draws upon similar subject matter, although it’s more a lament inspired by a sad conflict between survival and faith.
    In wellness and healing,
    hm
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

How many first names are there for males? And the WTS Writing Dept or Teaching Committee picks "Kevin"? What are the odds?

Yep, sure sounds like someone is awake on the writing staff.

Doc

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Doc: How many first names are there for males? And the WTS Writing Dept or Teaching Committee picks "Kevin"? What are the odds?
    Yep, sure sounds like someone is awake on the writing staff.
    Doc

And then there is this...someone on the writing staff may have been from Germany

The Strange German Disease Called "Kevinism": Can a Lame Name Mess Up Your Life?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I hate to point out the fly in the ointment but the rhyming line "Kevin get to heaven" is not JWish correct.

I like the ending. I actually knew of a 14 year old JW girl who took a relative's car and crashed it.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    VillageIdiot: but the rhyming line "Kevin get to heaven" is not JWish correct.

Ah...but maybe Kevin would grow up and drink the wine...

*to add - the line is said as tho it is the singer saying it. It is a normal reaction of an ordinary person to seeing a little boy selling religion at their door - they don't know that Kevin doesn't have "heavenly hope"

• notalone
    notalone

I'm a Kevin and I'm okay...I sleep in on Saturday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit