Sister at Kingdom Hall visibly upset "they took jehovahs name out of song"

by hoser 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Tom honest the previous line was appalling. It always seemed to me that the gb was giving the "living god" a pat on the head "Jehovah our God, how well you have done!"

How can you be arrogant enough to patronise your creator?

I speak of the irony I observe. I no longer see the JWs chosen deity as living or anyone's creator. No wonder they changed it though. It sounded like it came from "The Life of Brian".

• steve2
    steve2

"the previous line was appalling. It always seemed to me that the gb was giving the "living god" a pat on the head "Jehovah our God, how well you have done!"

Well, to be fair, isn't all "worship" about telling God how great he is?

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Of course the song has changed. Must keep up with new light that was uttered by Geoffrey Jackson during the ARC about the governing body being the "Guardians of doctrine."

OLD LIGHT - “Jehovah our God, how well you have done!"

NEW LIGHT - "We thank you, our [Guardians of doctrine], for all you have done."

• compound complex
    compound complex

1) “We thank you, our God, for all you have done."

2) “Jehovah our God, how well you have done!"

Regarding the rhythmic flow of words in a sequence, my opinion is that the revised version (#1) is a marked improvement. However important the retention of "Jehovah" might be to dear true believers, the lyrics here -- and elsewhere in Kingdom Melodies -- are clunky and cause my ears to bleed.

It's claimed that scriptural correctness, as continually touted by JWs, is of utmost importance. Couldn't they clandestinely hire an apostate poet and an apostate composer, paying them adequately, to come up with truly beautiful lyrics and tunes?

Money talks . . .

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Finally some good news.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Sounds like that sister needs some real problems in life if she's upset about that.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Sister at Kingdom Hall visibly upset "they took jehovahs name out of song"

The name Jehovah is a 13th-century Catholic translation mistake

What if the Catholic`s had mistranslated God`s name as Bob?!..

The title of the thread would be very different..

Sister at Kingdom Hall visibly upset "they took Bob`s name out of song"
  • baker
    baker

The word "Jehovah" is so overused at any Kingdumb hall that one time it is removed should hardly be noticed. Some comments to "Bible based" articles contain so many Jehovah,s, that it is almost half of the answer....

• waton
    waton
    We thank you, our God, for all you have done."I am cc, not only does it flow nicely, it included "thanks" which is always appropriate to any giver.

Poetic license, not endorsing, just observing, I like the melody, played on our grand.

don't like the lyrics, The wt god has done nothing predicted so far.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

"...the sister in front of me was upset song 134 now song 139 no longer contains jehovahs name. They took it out."

Just tell her she can take comfort in the fact they ADDED "Jehovah" to the Greek scriptures 237 times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit