Joel Osteen

by jhine 18 Replies latest social current

• jhine
    jhine

I am reading a lot on Quora Digest about this chap Joel Osteen. I and other Brits have said that he is hardly known in the UK . It has been asserted that he is filling stadiums over here.

Does anyone know about this ?

Jan

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Another in a long line of television evangelists, descended from the tent meeting circuit. I havent watched any more than commercials, but even WT wasnt selling overpriced books

I am sure his haircut costs more than mine. Not to mention the smile.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

A huckster

• jhine
    jhine

Yep l got that , does anyone know if he " fills stadiums " in the UK either in person or on tv ?

Jan

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

He seems like a Christian motivational speaker. I can listen to him and enjoy his messages for about 5 minutes.

Pastor Joseph Prince, a buddy of his, is a much better and more learned grace preacher.

• ozziepost
  • adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

My wife listens to him online but doesn’t give him money nor buy his crap. I don’t object but would if she wanted to send him money. He seems to be very popular with millions of people.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

If you search for Joel Osteen House, you'll see pictures like this. I think he doesn't need any more money donated his way.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

One Watchtower phrase that's still worth quoting; "Religion is a snare and a racket".

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

That house is really nice. He has lots of money. His wife is pretty. He has great hair. And he is a good dresser. We should listen to that guy! Am I right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit