March Broadcast Governing Body Truly Enjoy our new Facility Warwick

by Buster k 18 Replies latest social current

• steve2
    steve2

"When I hear stories about the religion and its luxury retirement complexes for the guys at the top, and the people suffering because they believed the bullshit, I am truly sickened by it all. I really despise them."

LongHairGal - well said - my very sentiments!

When I first heard about these complexes my very first thought was a quote from their second president, Judge Rutherford:

"Religion is a snare and a racket". He did not aim those words at his organization but at "the churches of Christendom" - although he could've aimed them at his organization, given his own luxurious lifestyle during the 1920s and 30s whilst so many Witnesses lived in the lap of poverty - think: the US depression years.

I despise JW organization above all else because of its disgusting hypocrisy.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Hi Buster k,

Welcome to my favorite forum!

The GB has beautiful lodgings ready and set up for them to wallow in, all over the world.

Meanwhile, Jesus had no place to lay his head. As Ray Stevens says, Would Jesus wear a Rolex on his television show.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

No, but the Governing Body would wear an Apple Watch on their tv show.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome Buster K (eaton),

I like your humour already,I will look forward to hearing more about you and where you are from country that is.

You must have intestinal fortitude to be able to sit through a JW broadcast I dont think I could without puking.

The GB are no different from the religious leaders of the RC Church that they criticize so much in their publications., in fact they may even be worse.

• Splash
    Splash
    they were building a spiritual project for Jehovah

Surprising, given TM3 originally said he didn't know if this is what Jehovah wanted.

Unless "Jehovah" is the new name they use for the GB.

• dozy
    dozy

What is especially sad is that in 20 years or so time the Society will flip the property and sell up ( a nice luxury hotel complex perhaps , or a HQ for some middle ranked company - maybe even sell to another religious group like they did with the New Zealand Bethel ) & rebuild somewhere else. Almost all the existing GB will be dead then but all the young people shown in the video will then be middle aged. One wonders how many of them will still be JWs.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jehovah has truly blessed us and all of the JWS children who gave us their candy money !

https://previews.123rf.com/images/shock77/shock771302/shock77130200019/17841367-cartoon-man-with-money-Stock-Vector.jpg

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep, and that segment about Jehovah blessing the efforts to get hold of chairs for the assembly??!!

Really? That was "newsworthy"? If that is the sort of thing that "proves" his direction and blessings, then where was he when child abuse mishandling took place??

• nevermind
    nevermind
    What is especially sad is that in 20 years or so time the Society will flip the property and sell up ( a nice luxury hotel complex perhaps , or a HQ for some middle ranked company - maybe even sell to another religious group like they did with the New Zealand Bethel ) & rebuild somewhere else. Almost all the existing GB will be dead then but all the young people shown in the video will then be middle aged. One wonders how many of them will still be JWs.

We thought the 1975 scandal would've caused a continual irreversible decline in JW numbers, but the last few decades since have shown that despite this dramatic failed prediction, the Watchtower machine continues to crank and has become a real estate enterprise. I mean c'mon, it's the information age, right? So shouldn't folks, esp the young people, research about the WTS before jumping on the band wagon? But no, cuz there's always ignorant people out there with emotional needs that need to be met, and when the JWs come into picture and somewhat fills this emotional void via love bombing tactics, the person is all hands on deck and drinks the WTS kool aid!

The thing is that as long as the Watchtower decepticon keeps crankin' and there are ignorant folks out there, the cycle repeats itself. You have the older folks who have been around long enough to witness the hypocrisy of the WTS and the crazy doctrinal flip flops or other stuff that awakens them. But then you have the younger folks who are still blind and will take them another decade or two, maybe three, or until whatever time they witness another uphaul, then they wake up if they aren't as ignorant anymore. If 20 years is what it takes to wake up these people, then 20 years it is. But they won't be missed by the WTS of course. There's another young crowd to replace them that will drink the kool aid, then lather, rinse, repeat the cycle of WTS deception. Let's just hope the WTS decepticon will run out of money sometime within our lifetime. I hope that's not too much of a far fetched dream.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit