May 2, 2016 Re: Entrance Time at Regional Conventions

by wifibandit 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude
    It's only fair that older ones can now be the first to reserve rows of seats, since they are more likely to donate. I prefer the free seats near the exit.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Oh, that reminds of the horror of having seats in the middle of the aisle.

When you have to exit the row to use the restroom, is the polite way facing away or facing toward the people you are trying to squeeze in front of?

If you face toward them, it feels awkward, but if you face away, you pretty much stick your butt in their face!

This always produced some lively conversation and was never quite settled!

Were you a face in-ner or a face out-er?

• HBH
    HBH

LOL, so are the attendants going to check id's? VER ARR YAW PAPERS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQfdSBq7flw

HBH

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

My mom worked first aid for years at conventions. There were all sorts of injuries during that morning rush. Bumps and bruises all the way to broken arms and legs lol

So much for the fruitage of the spirit.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So now they give a shit about old people?? Seriously, it took over 100 f***ing years to think of this??!?!?!??

Who in the f*** is that stupid? SERIOUSLY.....

DD

• zeb
    zeb

In a conv I attended a couple arrived and needed some leg space. (Leg cast in evidence) The only space was taken by a bro with family and they would not move. They could have moved by three rows back but refused. I wrote a letter about that--no reply of course. The medical need couple left with her in tears saying, "this convention is the most selfish time for Jehovahs Witnesses."

and In the 'infirm' area were loads of families who just had to sit with grandma. Or was this evidence of wt mothers control over.. ..hmm.

I asked once for the early arrivers to be guided by parking attendants to the farthest part of the parking. Oh Hell no way! I have also requested that parking attendants guide parkers to park correctly not taking up more space than they would in any other situation. .

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    Yeah it is amazing how the conventions bring out the absolutely worst in JWs. What the hell makes them think that JWs will be organized or remain calm during the Great Tribulation or Armageddon lol
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

You know, normally at these venues people buy tickets for specific seats and all of this mess is taken care of in advance.

What is the tight-fisted-with money reason that this can't be done to ensure some "Christian" decorum?

It only goes as well as it is managed. They've been dealing with this for decades and still haven't got it figured out. In the real world, people get fired for such an ineffective spectacle.

Learn some crowd control techniques, already!

• prologos
    prologos

Zeb: "I asked once for the early arrivers to be guided by parking attendants to the farthest part of the parking.--"

good request. how about applying "The first will be last?"

anyway, what is so important about seats? how much will you really learn, remember? and really want to? 

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    Just a random thought: could it be that the dubs ignore decency and rules wrt convention placing as it is the only time a year they can safely rebel against Watchtower without getting summoned into the back room?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit