YPA change of picture

by dozy 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dozy
    dozy

Anybody got any idea why the cover picture on the Young People Ask book was changed? They removed the picture of the boy bottom right & superimposed a different head. Maybe the guy got DFd or maybe it was to change it to an Asian guy rather than 2 caucasians?

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

Wow I never noticed that, maybe to show diversity? You could be right though, could’ve been d’fed

• amicabl
    amicabl
    There was a post recently saying that they have to change pictures all the time. Good eh? Dfd or Da?
  • darkspilver
    darkspilver

haha - interesting - photoshopped?

I think this is from the first paperback editions WT did of the single volume blue hardback YPA book.

This has now been replaced.... I believe in 2012 WT brought out a revised YPA (later called Vol 1), then a few years later the WT released YPA Vol 2.

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

I will say, that photoshop fooled me

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

Brown shirt girl had her b00bs de-emphasized. Notice the shadow on her shirt has disappeared. Looks like they did a little similar tweaking on red shirt girl's shirt, too.

• sir82
    sir82

Most likely the removed guy got DF'ed.

The WTS has learned photo-editing well from Stalin.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I don't know, but my gut instinct tells me that the guy pictured in photo #1 is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• waton
    waton

Young people are asking the right questions. the only answer wt has, is to erase their memory. but

I would guess appearances count. Asa on the ascent.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I think the most likely scenario is that he is now an ex-JW. Watchtower loves to stigmatize. They likely stigmatize as "spiritually unclean" any publication the production of which was contributed to by anyone that is now an ex-JW. Remember what happened to all the publications authored by Raymond Franz? When it's a photo appearance, they edit the person out of the photo.

There could also be legal concerns as well. A JW who disassociates might not want his picture to continue being featured in Watchtower literature, giving the impression that he is still affiliated with the organization. Some might threaten legal action if Watchtower does not remove their image from their literature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit