Radical shake up

by Mikejw 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

Imagine if all the governing body resigned and a new set of brothers came in and said we are very very sorry for all those who have been disfellowshipped and disassociated over the years

we know many mistakes have been made

we are really genuinely sorry to all those who have been hurt and especially those who have died and been hurt by these mistakes.

We now want all those still alive to come back. We want you to accept our sincere apologies

And we are very very sorry about the misunderstanding and misleading of Bible doctrine

We were wrong about so many things

We now have to see we cannot be dogmatic and we just don’t know

This will be a shock to many

And we want you to realise that from now on JW’s will be completely different

We will leave it up to you what you decide

If anyone wants to have celebrations, it’s up to them is the conscience is what matters

If anyone interprets scripture differently to us, then we will not be dogmatic, we just don’t know

From now on meetings will be more of a social occasion. We will discuss with an open mind different Scriptures

Please come back all those who have left, you will find a more gentle, more hospitable, loving and kind place

Once again, we are so sorry for the mistakes have been made and the misinterpretation of Bible prophecy

Once again, we shouldn’t have been dogmatic we just don’t know and we never did. Please accept our apologies

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Won't happen and wouldn't work. The thing with disfellowshipping is it can be a frivolous charge, but at other times the wrong doing is something the congregation (and oublic) needs protected from. The details and implementstion are screwy as is the inconsistency

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

Isn’t that a matter for the authorities anything else what right do elders have to stem in?

• Magnum
    Magnum

I'd say "Fuck you. Why the hell would I want to come back? You guys think I want to socialize with you... that I want to be around you... that I'm missing you and just sitting around with no life waiting for the chance to be back with you? You guys are legends in your own minds as indicated by your new ministry approach. You really think people want to have conversations with you... to just blow time and chat with you... that you're that important or in that high a place? I wasted 50 years with you. I hung around only because I thought you did know. Now, you're saying you don't know??? So, like, why would I want to come back? You still seem to think you're it - the one and only group on earth approved by God. If you are, then why would he have let you be wrong for 150 years? You're just now getting it right and apologizing? I wanted truth, and now you're basically saying you don't necessarily have it? Nah, dudes, I have a life. Don't need you; don't want you. Oh, and by the way, since you were wrong all that time, are you going to provide compensation to me for my 30 yrs as a fulltime JW slaving for no pay and altering my whole course of life for something that was wrong? Go fuck off."

P.S. That whole radical shake-up thing is based on an assumption that JWdom is at its core approved by God and just needs to be refined. Why would anyone make such an assumption? So, they've been wrong for 150yrs, but the religion is still the one and only true one? How about They've been wrong for 150 years, so that shows they're not the one and only true religion or not a true religion at all?

That shake-up thinking is typical JW thinking. No matter how wrong they've been in the past, they still claimed they had the truth at that time, one GB member in the past even referring to such as "current truth" because that's the way they understood it at the time even though they later changed it. How effin arrogant and presumptuous and self-righteous. It's current truth just because you say it's truth?

Nah, a real shake-up or admission would be for some real lovers of truth to take over and tell all the rank and file they've been in a deceptive, corrupt, harmful, self-serving cult.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

To MikeJW,

I think that such a scenario, would work ... but not for the few on this site who comment regularly.

The people here, are thinking people. People who now highly value their own right to individual thought and paid a high price for it. However most people are not deep thinkers. They go with the flow and end up, and often in places where they don't want to be. That's how I see the majority of those disfellowshipped for fornication and adultery, in fact. So for those people ... yeh ... I think that it would work. As most of these ones, never wanted to leave the Truth in the first place.

Ultimately, people see what they want to see. And the case of of our Witness family and friends, they would just see such a change ... as Jehovah extending his loving hand.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MIKE JW:

I agree with MAGNUM and I think anybody who would go running back in your scenario to be a glutton for punishment.

Not only that, just what are they going back to? ..At least when I walked away in 2001 over the 1995 Generation thing + bad attitudes in the congregation - things were ‘normal’ with no desperation yet or panhandling.. Even the pioneers who didn’t plan weren’t worried yet.

Now, we are 23 years later. Things are bad in the economy and the congregations with many daydreamers reaching retirement age unprepared… What would happen if I were stupid enough to show my face there?? I guarantee some moron would approach me (a person knocked for working, I might add) and ask for money - for people there who didn’t work!.. I have told my JW ‘friends’ from the old days and even Witnesses at my door that I would never tolerate this.. I’m afraid that’s how it is now in many congregations.👎 You can have it.

• LV101
    LV101

I agree with Magnum, also. Would take a lobotomy and a valium drip to be part of that so called religion.

The west must be full of lazy, deadbeats, Longy. Halls (enablers) out here beg/collect from studies for handouts to those in the 'in crowd.' I'd never been around so many lazy, entitled, slugs, in my life.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LV101:

My God, what kind of environment is this - and who the hell would want to be there???

I don’t need to go into everything but I was hated back in the day as a young lady who worked. Nah! these bastards can go take a hike!

I can’t even feel sorry for people who never wanted to work..Let their ‘spiritual’ friends give them money.. What you describe is nothing I would ever tolerate and I would have to openly shout and tell these brothers off. I would actually insult them. Why on earth would I go there? I don’t even want to know these people.

• LV101
    LV101

lolol -- right on, Sister Longy. I'd feel real sorry if someone tried to hit me up for one of those lazy sloths today. In fact as I was exiting, a professional's wife was blathering how a CO's wife needed moolah for something and they were passing tin cup around -- I made it clear I didn't care and she needed to get a job. The sista was shocked and said my name loud ... she's 70 yrs. old! Sounded like a personal problem to me and I didn't care. I'd had it!!

I don't want anyone (young or old) cold, homeless or hungry but they should hit those up w/deep pockets who are their cult friends in the center of the hall or however they 'splained the spiritually strong to me. I was supposed to try to stay close to those -- gag me!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    I'd say "Fuck you. Why the hell would I want to come back? You guys think I want to socialize with you... that I want to be around you... that I'm missing you and just sitting around with no life waiting for the chance to be back with you? You guys are legends in your own minds. . . ~ Magnum

Magnum -- I'm not used to you holding back. Why not just say it? Just go ahead and tells us what you really think. No more "beating around the bush".

Amazon.com: Large Emoji Wall Decal - 28"h x 29"w - LMAO Emoji - 0450 :  Handmade Products

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit