Do You Use Facebook As Much As You Did In The Past?

by minimus 12 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

It seems that Instagram is the new thing. A lot of my friends use that now and prefer over Facebook. In addition, there is the privacy issue.

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

I have FB, IG and Twitter. I use all of them a lot for different reasons. FB owns IG. Hence IG is packed with the same rubbish ads. Not planning to stop using FB. At the same time if a new platform will arise because of FB scandal hopefully it will be ad free.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

I just use Facebook and am not on anything else.

I realize FB has privacy issues and it was interesting watching MZ being interviewed. I just have a bare-bones profile and don’t use any apps on there. I just use FB to keep up with friends and relatives.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Do You Use Facebook As Much As You Did In The Past?

Never used it, so in essence the answer is yes.

I don't know why people are complaining about the privacy issue. Do people really didn't know that there's a risk when you volunteer to place all your information online? I have a hard time understanding that.

• Simon
    Simon

Facebook is such an odious and dishonest company, all they are about is tracking you at every opportunity so they can sell that data.

Here's an example of how slimy they are: they make out you need to install a messenger app in order to read messages on your phone. Really? The internet / web isn't capable of displaying text is it not? If you install they app they track your phone, location, messages and sometimes calls and texts.

None of that happens by accident, it takes planning and work. Zuckerberg is thoroughly dishonest and unscrupulous and his shitty company just oozes it.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I use FB all the time. As a total blabbermouth I fit right in. I still haven't learned how to moan about my aches and pains, nor give dire warnings to unfriended persons, nor reveal every detail about my personal relationships. But I'm willing to learn.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I use fb and whatsapp. If they want to track me or check my texts/calls. Go ahead, I have nothing to hide. If I need to give confidential information I will use the spoken word face to face. You know...old school.

I wonder how many of my friends on FB are aliases on here?

Cor blimey, how many posts did I just get up to?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I use Instagram only.

Its how the still-in jws found out about my "apostasy"

haha!

The Jws LOVE stalking other witnesses and the people they follow. NOTHING Is private amongst witnesses. "Do you know who so-and-so is following?? Hmmm, they are not good associates...they seem like people who don't respect the organisation"

I say good on them! Stalk me as much as you like. Maybe you will learn something valuable like TTATT in the process!

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Yes I use it as much now as I did in the past. Which is not at all. Never got into the habit. I don't need to know about everything everyone is doing. Still Totally ADD

• Giordano
    Giordano

I don't use any of them, all of my friends, close family and associates are either worth a phone call, a computer text or an in person face to face meet up. And we are talking about upwards of 100 people mostly because of my volunteer work and various businesses.

Plus those I am a fan of on this forum.

With facebook I get some unsolicited messages pretending to be past friends from a decade or two ago........... you open it up and its garbage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit