Most doubts aren't created by apostates. They are created in a Kingdom Hall.

by pistolpete 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

I found this interesting perspective on reddit.

Post;

I remember the moment the first real crack in my faith happened as a Jehovah's Witness.

I was sitting in the Kingdom Hall during the Watchtower study where, as is common, the article was talking about how the Israelites as a nation abandoned Jehovah.

"But wait," I thought, "Having a nation represent him here on earth was part of his plan. If they abandoned him, then his plan failed."

This thought spiraled into further epiphanies.

"Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden. That plan failed too."

"Having a heavenly family where everyone worships him. That plan failed."

"Ridding the earth of wickedness during the flood. That failed."

"How reliable is Jehovah? His plans never seem to go as intended. Will his plan of Paradise even work? What about his 'earthy organization?'"

These were some doubts purely from a theological perspective as I had already had a few from a scientific one. Watchtower always said to research in their publications when you had doubts, but as these doubts grew and splintered into new ones, I was finding the publications just didn't have the answers.

When someone is truly honest with themselves, they don't continually try to prove to themselves that something is true when they have already verified it is false. Watchtower actually asks JWs to do this.

"Strengthening one's faith" and "waiting on Jehovah" are both examples. The former is asking JWs to only look at evidence or circumstances that point to Jehovah actually existing along with his grand plan for humanity.

The latter, waiting on Jehovah, is asking JWs to ignore their doubts and wait when strengthening their faith doesn't work.

And this is why apostates are so "dangerous."

When JWs find that Watchtower doesn't have all the answers, we are here to say, "You are not crazy for thinking this way. I had that doubt too."

Our only threat to Watchtower is simply validating the thoughts that current Witnesses already have.

When I first found this sub, I wasn't flooded with new information to take away my faith.

I was simply told I was not crazy for thinking the way I did, and that went a long way in helping me to be mentally free.

Watchtower has it wrong.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/oeulvl/apostates_dont_create_doubt_we_validate_it/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Quite an accurate statement.

Add to that, what comes off the pages of the literature the WTS propagates is another aspect.

In this case the doctrines which created a religious following are the doctrines which are going to eventually kill it.

The over oppression of power and control which JWS elders are afforded is a reason that made many people leave this organization altogether.

JWS elders are there to judge, evaluate and even penalize people at will to an individual's apparent righteousness.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The over oppression of power and control which JWS elders are afforded is a reason that made many people leave this organization altogether. JWS elders are there to judge, evaluate and even penalize people at will to an individual's apparent righteousness.

That is pretty much what started me on the path to disbelief.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    Rocketman123

The over oppression of power and control which JWS elders are afforded is a reason that made many people leave this organization altogether.

JWS elders are there to judge, evaluate and even penalize people at will to an individual's apparent righteousness.

I believe this is the NUMBER ONE reason why jws starting waking up.

• TD
    TD

Absolutely

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

This is what caused one person to doubt.

Even if Jehovah were to “finish” these things (via Armageddon), how do we know it will actually succeed ?

Look at the cost it took to get there. Billions of people dying over millennia in wars, plagues, starvation, etc. Hell, he sacrificed his own son (Jesus)! Talk about an irresponsible buffoon that doesn’t even heed his own advice.If he was an employee, he would have been fired long ago.

And don’t forget another test after 1000 yrs and it says more would fall like sands of the sea so that we’d have to go through it again even after Armageddon.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I agree with the title. My first doubt came at a Circuit Assembly. During a talk "New Light" was referred to in regards to the Watchtower changing it's stance on alternative compulsory service some 25 years after the Vietnam conflict. Elder. On the platform of a Circuit Assembly. Reading from a Watchtower outline.

Yep - no apostates!

• Overrated
    Overrated

Usually at a meeting or convention something is said and WTF ! A Freudian Slip that you catch in your brain. And Questions start to be raised.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

For me it was at the Sydney 2003 international convention when I first saw old rubber face on the big screen.

My enduring thought and take home from that "wonderful provision" was, wow what a credibility deficit these guys have.

RB

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Sooner or later JWS have to face the lies, ignorance and corruption which this organization was built upon.

Perhaps it might be easier these days with the available information on the inter net.

ie ..... before I left in the mid 1980's I didn't know that the self proclaiming "Anointed" president of the JWS J Rutherford was a boozing adulterator who at the end of his life was separated from his wife, who lived in a self built mansion he called Beth Sarim, who drove the most expensive cars and surrounded himself with bodyguards whenever he made a public appearance.

Things you find on the inter net

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit