Why doesn’t the Governing Body hold debates to asses the qualifications of a new GB member?

by I believe in overlapping 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Cause it's all a scam.

• zeb
    zeb

They could not hold a debate as the quality of public speaking in wt land is so poor.

Any speaker who is given time uses it up to the second even if he is finished prior.

In any debate there is supposed to be a neutral chair. Nowhere in wt land is there such a person.

and my pet hate, they use 50 words in a droning output when 5 with suitable voice inflection and pauses would do.

No one putting up for the 'office' of gb would dare to say a single letter that was NOT supporting the 'party-line'.

and of course

who would get to vote for these ones..?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Please.

As if the WT leadership would have any use for debating ability.

• blondie
    blondie

We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise. 2 Cor. 10:12 NIV

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

The only debate they are capable of is a mass der bate.

jtg

• a watcher
    a watcher

Who would know better than current GB members what qualifications a new GB member should have? I'm sure the present GB discusses thoroughly the addition of a new member. Debates are too confrontational, therefore not appropriate.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The GB is not going to tell you or anyone how they pick a new member.

jehober picks the gb members. Every jw knows that!
    just saying!

I gotta echo these thoughts.

• Humphry
    Humphry

When you are the only true religion on earth that Jehovah has seen fit to use to announce to the world he's taking over by force, and that people need to join it and get baptized into it to be saved from a destruction that could happen anytime now,, you don't allow any debates because it will only cause confusion for the captive members and might start them thinking independently.

Seriously,,, the Governing Body don't debate they Listen & Obey, they don't question or research for facts, they accept all present Watchtower Corporation truths as printed never a debate they are all everyone of them corporation Yes Men who believe tons of fucked up shit to keep hold on to their positions.

Why would a bunch of uneducated corporate CEOs want to be found out(become public knowledge) how they vet a person to be a GB CEO like them. That's something you don't want the world or your members know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit