Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

by copsec 16 Replies latest jw friends

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

You'll have a good time! Make sure to try a shot of Don Julio tequila! It's so smooth going down...yumm...have fun!!

• La Capra
    La Capra

Don Eduardo tequila is even better. In Mexico, the cabs are really cheap, but ask for the fare in advance, before getting in. And tip the cab drivers. Renting a car there is so expensive, and the cabs so cheap, that this is the way to go. Sign up for some professional tours of the area (they let you drink on the bus), for campy entertainment. I was in the area in 1991 (Zihuataneju) and Cabo in 96. I'm off to Oaxaca next month. The most important thing to remember is to find a cantina that makes good margaritas, chips and salsa, and spend a few hours there every afternoon "resting", visiting with your companions and getting out of the sun. Chill. Shoshana

• Valis
    Valis

My advice would be also to take small things like pens, lighters, maybe even things from your state of city. They make great ways to leave something for the people like the room service maids, etc..When I went to Mexico I even took a bunch of baby clothes...the maids were very appreciative. Have a good time and also be careful!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Akumal" class

• copsec
    copsec

Thanks for the advice everyone! I LOVE tequila so I will definately be drinking my fill. LOL. And yes, we charted a whale watching tour with a local and his boat holds only eight people at a time. I have researched him pretty carefully and feel confident he was a good choice. His tour is called Discover Pacific Tours. We are staying at the Royal De Cameron Los Flamingos Hotel. I am so excited!

• integ
    integ

You can do it two ways in PV. Sit on the beach and meditate (it's a mystical place with powerful m-field vibes) or get drunk off your keyster and dance and have fun and eat like pigs. Either way, it's good stuff.

Integ.

• integ
    integ

Oh....you should rent "Night of the Iguana" starring Richard Burton. It"s in black and white but it kind of gives you a taste of Puerto Vallarta scene.

Integ.

• copsec
    copsec

Integ,

LOL! I plan on spending a few days both ways!!!!!!!!!!!! Drunk and wild for 4 days and calm, relaxed and peaceful for the other four. I had heard they filmed Night of the Iguana there and that you can tour the Burton/Taylor home. Was thinking of doing so...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit