Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

by copsec 16 Replies latest jw friends

• copsec
    copsec

Anyone live there or been there? Is it great? I am going for a week in February for a little R & R and really looking forward to it. i am going to get to go whale watching which I am thrilled about! Would love to hear of anyone else's vacations there

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

How fun...I'm jealous!!! I've never been to Mexico, but I sure hope to one day. Being a Latina, I should dig into my roots sometime soon.

• copsec
    copsec

Yes, we are really looking forward to it. Got a deal we can't refuse. Our air, hotel, all meals, beverages and gratuities and we are going for 1400!!!!!!!!!!

• Sassy
    Sassy

I was there off a cruise a few years ago. It was beautiful there. Unless things have changed, we were told there was a law that the Hotels could not stop you from using their beaches. The taxi brought us right to the door of a fine hotel and said to just go on through to the beach. We had a great time.

Expect to get hit up with people trying to sell you stuff EVERY WHERE you go. Oh, and the stuff they sell at the beaches can be purchased much cheaper in the make shift shops further from the beaches.

• copsec
    copsec

Thanks for the tips!!!!!! I am SOOOO looking forward to it. I know we can be on the beach at the hotel and they also have several pools. I personally plan to have my butt firmly planted in the sand, drink in hand, watching good looking men for seven days straight! Now, THAT'S a vacation! LOL

• Sassy
    Sassy

you will have an awesome time.. man I am overdo for a vacation!

• copsec
    copsec

Me too! Although I have had days off here and there they have been spent at home doing things that HAVE to be done. It has been 6 years since I have been on a honest to goodness vacation and man, I am READY!!!! The only thing is, once I am tehre I may never be persuaded to come back!

• Sassy
    Sassy

I just pulled out my album and looked through it from that cruise. I mislead you. It is Mazatlan that has the ordinance that says all beaches are public. I don't know that it is the same in Puerto Vallarta. When we were in Puerto Vallarta we paid for a taxi/driver to bring us up into the Rain Forest as well as see the set of Predator. It was really cool.

• kj
    kj

We went there last year and it was beautiful! Where are you staying? Check out Le Cliff restaurant. It is expensive, but the view is breathtaking. You're going to have a great time!

kj

• Gerard
    Gerard

Stay in the old Pto. Vallarta area, not in the turist complex 10 miles away.

Take a smaller boat for whale watching.

Go visit YELAPA town, and rent a little shack up on the hill. Life slows down when the turist boat leaves and you can see the real Mexico.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit