North to Alaska

by ozziepost 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

I agree with Joker10 that this is not a geography deficiency on the part of the WTS. Alaska and Hawaii are not easily accessible through shipping, etc. Anyone who has ever been to either state knows how much more expensive things are because of that. As I stated earlier, Hawaii had oversight over the Pacific Islands for many years, less now that each area has begun to form its own branch office, Guam, for example. Since the WTS does not view the organization as bound by the geographical and political boundaries of non-JWs when it comes to "spiritual" matters and because it makes sense financially, Hawaii and Alaska have operated as separate branches.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Watching the news here in the States, you rarely hear anything about Alaska. I never hear anything political at all.

Actually, the only time I ever hear anyone talk about that state is those going on a cruise there. It does seem like a foreign land.

• Faraon
    Faraon

Blondie,

Yes, I know, somehow, I still think that they started taking a census of their slaves before Hawaii and Alaska became states and kept the division.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit