Faithful Slave Appointment: What are the assumptions of Watchtower Matthew 24:45-47 Eschatology?

by Vanderhoven7 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

TEXT: Matthew 24:45-47

45 “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions.

WT Eschatological Interpretation of the text:

The Faithful Slave was appointed in New York in 1919 at Watchtower Headquarters…invisibly of course.

This Slave happened to include at least 7 Watchtower directors as well as Joseph Rutherford, the then president of the Society.

The Faithful Slave appointment was passed on to all subsequent Watchtower directors so that today the current 9 man Governing Body is the Slave. If you don't trust them, you don't trust Jehovah.

Who else could the Faithful Slave be? If you don't believe this and obey the Slave, you will be destroyed at Armageddon… unless you die before the great tribulation starts and then you get an automatic pass into paradise.

So hurry and come to Jehovah's Organization for salvation before it is too late.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

The 1919 date was what did it for me

It was 2011 season 6 of Dexter was enforce swing and The Killers were acting out revelation scenes

decided to check the revelation book which I still had

The Killers consider them the 2 witnesses of revelation and that they would bring about Armageddon

I thought I bet the watchtower thinks they're the 2 witnesses and I looked it up and sure enough they did and it was In writing they had that they were chosen in 1919 to be the faithful of discrete slave because they got out of jail I knew they were total frauds and I never looked back I joined this site about a year later

I think it's the most important date they have because it holds them to 1914 and

Their appointment is dearly tied to that date

They've failed to bring about Armageddon and preach the good news throughout like the world for starters

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Right on Terry

Re: Extra-biblical Assumptions:

The Faithful Slave:

1. was appointed.

2. was appointed invisibly

3. was appointed in 1919.

4. was appointed in Brooklyn New York

5. included Joseph F. Rutherford and other Bible Students who were Watchtower directors.

6. was appointed because Watchtower directors were faithfully teaching the truth.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

If anything speaks to our gullibility, it's the way we accept "it happened invisibly" as an explanation for why something didn't happen, after it was predicted to.

"This thing you were expecting didn't happen."

"Oh, it did happen! It's just that no one saw it."

"Works for me!"

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I fail to see why this is such a big deal to people.

Jesus said a lot of things and many made no sense and people ended up misinterpreting them.

I look at the big picture over phrases said.

I'm thankful for Charles Russell for reviving true Christianity and setting the path for the faith to grow back.

We are not bogged down by false beliefs like trinity, hellfire, the need to go to heaven, once saved always saved, rapture, expecting Jesus to return to earth, etc.

We have the correct understanding of religion because of the faithful slave was doing what Jesus wanted done.

• menrov
    menrov

@Rattigan350, I agree with your own assessment: you fail to see....many things I may add.

Who is the 'we' in your comment?

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

“Who else could the Faithful Slave be? If you don't believe this and obey the Slave, you will be destroyed at Armageddon.”

John 10: 37-38 - If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; 38 but if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father.”

To the unbelieving Jews who sought to kill Jesus, he said,

John 8:38 - I speak the things which I have seen with My Father; therefore you also do the things which you heard from your father.”

The works of Jesus Christ are the works of the Father. All false teachings are the works of the father of the lie.

Gal 1:10 - For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a slave of Christ.

There can be two opposing “faithful slaves” – one that faithfully speaks only the word of God in Christ - not his own doctrine - and is a servant/slave of Christ; and one that “faithfully” bases his words on his own delusions, lusts and desire for dominance and obedience of those whom he rules over, fulfilling the works of the father he has chosen to serve.

1 Tim 4:1-2 - But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron.

The organization is built on policies and doctrines, as all organization in the world are. But with this one, there is just enough mention of the words of Christ to keep its followers ‘captivated’ and obedient to its wicked slave. Matt 24:48-51

Col 2:8 - See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    I'm thankful for Charles Russell for reviving true Christianity

@Rattigan - Russell (with a 7th grade education) and the WT has a long history of deception, failed prophecies, and doctrinal flip-flopping.

From predictive occultic pyramid numerology to miracle wheat to numerous failed dates for armageddon to the Malawi/Mexico fiasco to the UN partnership to deaths due to bans on organ transplants..... the list goes on and on.

If you want to believe that Jesus mislead people for 1800 years about hell until a miracle wheat saleman and missionary slanderer appointed himself as "that" faithful and wise servant over all of Christ's interests..... go ahead. There is no shortage of fools in the world who would gladly join you in your rebellion.

But the fact remains that Jesus talked about hell more than any other person in the Bible. In Luke 16, he describes a great chasm over which “none may cross from there to us.” In Matthew 25, Jesus tells of a time when people will be separated into two groups, one entering into his presence, the other banished to “eternal fire.”

Jesus talks about hell more than he talks about heaven, and describes it more vividly. There’s no denying that Jesus knew, believed, and warned against the absolute reality of hell.

Jesus doesn’t only reference hell, he describes it in great detail. He says it is a place of eternal torment (Luke 16:23), of unquenchable fire (Mark 9:43), where the worm does not die (Mark 9:48), where people will gnash their teeth in anguish and regret (Matt. 13:42), and from which there is no return, even to warn loved ones (Luke 16:19–31). He calls hell a place of “outer darkness” (Matt. 25:30), comparing it to “Gehenna” (Matt. 10:28), which was a trash dump outside the walls of Jerusalem where rubbish was burned and maggots abounded. Jesus talks about hell more than he talks about heaven, and describes it more vividly. There’s no denying that Jesus knew, believed, and warned about the absolute reality of hell.

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

Something to think about -

Is not My word like fire?” declares the Lord, “and like a hammer which shatters a rock?” Jer 23:29

“They have lied about the LORD and said:

“He will not do anything; harm will not come to us;

we will not see sword or famine.

The prophets are but wind,

for the word is not in them.

So let their own predictions befall them.”

Therefore this is what the LORD God of Hosts says:

“Because you have spoken this word,

I will make My words a fire in your mouth

and this people the wood it consumes.

God’s word is the “fire” that judges. (John 12:48) But also, when we think of “hell”, Gehenna, and being thrown into it, did God create the “fiery” hell spoken of in the Bible?

“Now if we put the bits into the horses’ mouths so that they will obey us, we direct their entire body as well. 4 Look at the ships also, though they are so great and are driven by strong winds, are still directed by a very small rudder wherever the inclination of the pilot desires. 5 So also the tongue is a small part of the body, and yet it boasts of great things. See how great a forest is set aflame by such a small fire! 6 And the tongue is a fire, the very world of iniquity; the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of our life, and is set on fire by [d]hell.

“hell” – Gehenna. God didn’t create hell. It is the creation of wickedness, of Satan. Whatever “word” we hold on our tongue will either judge us as righteous according to God’s word, or condemned, according to the adversary’s words. (Isa 59:3; 30:27) “Torment” suffered by those who are thrown in the symbolic “lake of fire”, (because “fire” symbolizes either righteous or wicked words) is not literal in the account in Luke 16:19-31. The rich man said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame.’ The man was in agony over the condemnation against him by the word of God in Jesus Christ. If he was consumed in a literal lake of fire, he would not be asking for only his tongue to be quenched. God’s judgment, which is like “fire”, IS unquenchable. That man's final judgment can never be put out, reversed. (Mark 9:43)

I don’t see in the scriptures where it says “eternal torment” by literal fire. I see that the symbolic “smoke” of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they will have no rest - no entering into the eternal Sabbath rest of God. (Rev 14:10-11; Heb 3:10-11) The legacy of the wicked, the symbolic smoke resulting in fiery judgment left behind, will never be forgotten.

The judgment of God’s word has always been retribution for one’s wicked acts. If they used the “fire” of Satan’s word against another, then they also will suffer under the same flame kindled by the Destroyer.

Rev 18:6 - Pay her back even as she has paid, and give back to her double according to her deeds; in the cup which she has mixed, mix twice as much for her.

Jesus is the Author of life, Satan offers death and destruction…as the Destroyer. Acts 3:15; John 10:9; Rev 9:11; Prov 27:20; Job 26:6; Gen 3:4

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Actually, Hades fire was the teaching of the Pharisees, a place where sinners would suffer from blasts of heat and cold, from burning coals in mouths that spoke blasphemy, lisencious men hanging from genitals etc. Jesus used their own ridiculous teachings in satire to counter their justification for not lifting a finger to help the poor.

The Pharisees were not permitted to help the poor in the slightest because such would be countering God’s judgment. Accept God’s redemptive judgment and you will be rewarded in Abraham's Bosom in the afterlife. In Luke 16 Jesus has Abraham turning the tables on the Pharisees in the afterlife as they end up in the very hell they warned the common people to avoid for no reason other than they had good things in life. This is obviously a parody.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit